What kind of Music You guys Like ? post up some fav songs.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:36 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default What kind of Music You guys Like ? post up some fav songs.

I like the new Song by the Black Keys.." Little Black Submarines"....pretty cool for my tatste in music...I like it all but RAPP.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I listen to a lot of Alter Bridge. The singer Myles Kennedy has a great vocal range and Mark Tremonti is a great guitar player. The title song off the album Blackbird is about 7 minutes long and just rocks! Myles also sings on Slash's new album.
Candlebox hasnt had an album out in years but their music is my go to roadtrip CD's.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-16-2012, 07:05 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

Well i guess i,m old school, hendrix, skynard, zz top, steppenwolf, tom petty, and others from that era, funny thing is i had not play guitar for approx.. 25 years or so. about a year ago i got talked into playing country buy a couple guys. we inlisted my brother to play drums, who was also a hardcore rocker, we play stuff like haggard, chesney, tritt, tom t hall, whitley, and i am loveing it. never thought i would be saying that.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

i got talked into playing country buy a couple guys. we inlisted my brother to play drums, who was also a hardcore rocker, we play stuff like haggard, chesney, tritt, tom t hall, whitley, and i am loveing it. never thought i would be saying that. [/quote]

Go for it & keep it up... good for ya.

LOL... I love Candle box. Went to a Billy Idol concert last month... dude still rocks... Steve Stevens on guitar still too. What happened to Silver Chair?? Being only 4 hours away from Seattle, many folks here are pretty loyal to 90's Grunge: STP, AIC, Pearl Jam, etc around here... I still think we should have a national holiday for Waylon Jennings!!! He was awesome.

Juice: I am not very familiar w/ Black Keys... I might have heard some from them... like an alt/POP... they are a European band if I remember correctly?
Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

I listen to classic rock most of the time. Country at times(especially in the Caroilnas. Right Bjuice?) And some contemperary christian rock that my wife listens to. But no rapp.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:16 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Ya Beast lot of country down here as you know already...LOL...I also like His radio down here..Christian Rock...if you didn't listen to the words you would never know it was Christian Music..

Scoot here is a thread of the Black Keys " Little Black Submarines"

tell me what you think ....k ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k8es2BNloE

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Not what I thought what it would be like Juice... I see why you like it now... raw rock roots sound... was not sure what to expect at first & then they opened up & jammed big. Good stuff.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:10 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Music preferences;
Any American V8 with uncapped 3" headers at full talk going through the gears !
Classic rock, some of the 'newer' stuff, anything that's got a good DANCEABLE beat and goes with moving on down the road. I can never remember band or song names though !
Old 11-19-2012, 03:55 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I love Classic Rock and almost all rock trough the 90's.
I go through years of different kinds of music. In my late teen's early 20's I listened to mostly country till I got tired of the same old songs every day.
Most of the CD's in my truck are rock. Boston (Greatest hits), Tesla, Saliva, Nickelback, Buckcherry and Rehab, but over the last 3 or 4 years I mostly listen to Country. When I went to Mississippi to meet up with the RJ guys on the way back I turned the XM radio to a country station ( It had been so long since I listened to country I didn't know a single song they played) and I've been listened to it every since.

My favorite stuff is Ol Waylon Jennings. Love his songs and the times he sings about. I wasn't there, but I think the 50's , 60's and 70's were the best times this country will ever see.

If you wanta feel down to earth and really take in the moment of life you're living sing some of Waylon's songs.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Agreed!! Waylon had a way w/ his music... one of my favs: "I Anit livin' long like this"... the lyrics something like this:

"Grew up in Houston on the Wayside drive, son of a car hop & an all night drive; dad drove a stock-car to a girlish death, all I remember is the DRUNK MANS BREATH... ain't livin' long like this... cannot baby..."

"I look for trouble & found me some; right down the barrel of a law-mans gun" etc... LOVE IT!!!

Watched his documentary once. Waylon once flushed 26K in Cocaine down the toilet when he was trying to quit using.... crazy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -