Posted on a FaceBook page.......

Old 10-31-2012, 05:12 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Posted on a FaceBook page.......

Jodi Warshel is a friend of this page. Earlier today, she posted this as her update. I have her permission to share it. Tissue alert.

Every time I come here I see something that I want to take a picture of to post on here, but I know it would be wildly inappropriate and a huge invasion of privacy, so I don't. This time, it was what I saw as I prepared to turn onto the street where the parking garage is - and just like always, it inspired and humbled me, made me tear up and smile, made me thank God and our Military, and made me intensely proud to be an American and a Marine Wife and Mom.... all at the same time. Three Marines in wheelchairs - with not a single leg between them - laughed and raced each other down the sidewalk on the way back from the Wounded Warrior Barracks, while two Moms chatted as they pushed their Sons in their wheelchairs headed the other way, and a twenty-something Wife took the hand of her Hero to help him use his prost
hetic leg to step onto the curb. I picture how those Marines would have horsed around just like this before they lost their legs defending the country they swore to protect - playing football or goofing around like any 19 or 20 or 21 year old kid would with his friends. And I picture those Moms, 19 or 20 or 21 years ago, pushing their little boys in strollers, instead of wheelchairs. And I picture that young girl in a wedding dress giving her hand to her soon to be Husband, handsome in his uniform, as they prepared to exchange vows - their whole life in front of them, after this one last deployment. I wish I could name the mix of emotions I feel when I come here - but I don't have the words. I am so lucky that I get to come here - because otherwise I wouldn't know how lucky I really am. And I hope you all know that you are, too - and that you will take any chance you can to support, pray for and thank our military and their families. — at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Profound moment. Well said & understood. Some say that we are not the greatest nation in the world anymore. Sadly, their ignorance narrows their perception. I have been to other countries... lived in one for 3 years.... I am here to proudly say WE ARE the greatest nation still... because of people like those Marines & those who appreciate them like Jodi. Thanks for sharing such a cool story Jodi & Double/D!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:49 PM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

Default posted on a facebook page....

Jodi,
All of our military men and women, past and present, are my hero's. They are the one's who have risked it all for our great nation. Sport's stars, hollywood actors's, etc., they are not hero's, unless they've been in the military. And the family's of military men and women, they are also my hero's, you've been the one's left alone for long period's of time, many times to worry about the safety of your loved ones.
I thank all of you for your sacrifices and your service to our country.

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU, now and forever.

Dan H.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:19 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: posted on a facebook page....

Originally Posted by csx8506
Jodi,
All of our military men and women, past and present, are my hero's. They are the one's who have risked it all for our great nation. Sport's stars, hollywood actors's, etc., they are not hero's, unless they've been in the military. And the family's of military men and women, they are also my hero's, you've been the one's left alone for long period's of time, many times to worry about the safety of your loved ones.
I thank all of you for your sacrifices and your service to our country.

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU, now and forever.

Dan H.
what he said couldnt have said it any better....
Old 11-02-2012, 06:06 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

And then you have THIS......

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/white-hou...n-leaks/print/