bbc rotating assembly

Old 08-14-2012, 04:09 PM
ejm
SENIOR BUILDER

Default bbc rotating assembly

was going to up the hp in my bbc 460 what do you guys recomend as a rotating assembly looking to be in a street stock pulling truck but wanting to turn around 7000-7200 does a guy have to put forged in or can i go with cast name brand parts???????
Old 08-14-2012, 07:02 PM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

I bought one from Shafiroff a few years ago for a 511 bbc. Was pretty good stuff and good price with the up-grades. JMO

TS1955
Old 08-15-2012, 03:42 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

forged would make you sleep better.back in the 80s i put a sbc together that would see close to 10,000 a couple of times. all by accident believe me!but i used cast parts and that damn thing hung together.i would shift it a 7000 and i just waited fior the day it would explode. it never did. it earned a name on the strret and i sold it for twice what i had in it.but then i ran a parts store so that was a big help lol
Old 08-15-2012, 05:44 AM
cncmotorsports
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: bbc rotating assembly

Originally Posted by ejm
was going to up the hp in my bbc 460 what do you guys recomend as a rotating assembly looking to be in a street stock pulling truck but wanting to turn around 7000-7200 does a guy have to put forged in or can i go with cast name brand parts???????
You want all forged. There is a lot of strain on these engines especially when your upping the horsepower. We offer a wide variety of kits or can custom build one to meet your price range.