Thread: Edelbrock 2892 intake

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

Edelbrock 2892 intake

Has anyone used this intake. I've got a Brodix HV1000 on my 434 SBC and was wondering if the Edelbrock would be better. What's everyones opinion. Thanks

TS1955

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    thats the reg vic jr ... not the super vic jr... right? my bro-inlaw has it on his 434 in his vega with world product heads and flat top pistons... like 12to1 comp and 4.30 gear in a ford 9" and ran like 9.40's on alky.
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fast75vega
    thats the reg vic jr ... not the super vic jr... right? my bro-inlaw has it on his 434 in his vega with world product heads and flat top pistons... like 12to1 comp and 4.30 gear in a ford 9" and ran like 9.40's on alky.
    No fast...It's a new intake for 2012. A Super Victor II. It has a carb height of 6.75" where my HV1000 is 6.225"

TS1955

Quote Originally Posted by TS1955
    No fast...It's a new intake for 2012. A Super Victor II. It has a carb height of 6.75" where my HV1000 is 6.225"

TS1955
    so if it sits higher... it should give you more rpm and less torque right? i know the intake runners were the same on the reg vic and the super vic.... just the super vic had the carb that 2' higher. id throw a half inch spacer on the one ya got and try it first......lol

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    There's some talk about that intake and pictures of it on yellow bullet if you did not see it yet.Sounds and looks like a good intake for a big motor. Bill.

TS1955
    so if it sits higher... it should give you more rpm and less torque right? i know the intake runners were the same on the reg vic and the super vic.... just the super vic had the carb that 2' higher. id throw a half inch spacer on the one ya got and try it first......lol
    I have a spacer on mine already. I was wondering if the design difference would make more power.

TS1955

TS1955
    I have a spacer on mine already. I was wondering if the design difference would make more power.

TS1955
    curious if they changed it or just made it taller...i would have to see one.... cause i know the other two were the same except the super vic had a taller spacer but the runners were the same inside.