Looking to get into racing, any advice on good cheap series?

Old 06-12-2012, 05:43 PM
rcrunkle
SHOW GUEST

Default Looking to get into racing, any advice on good cheap series?

hey I'm Ryan, I'm 12 and I am currently looking into racing. Yes I'm well aware that I am probaly to young for all this but I am interested in racing. So right now I am looking at 4 cylinder racing as well as street stock and hobby stock. I am trying to get together money in every way possible and after doing the math I should be able to start up by the time I'm 15-16. With the minimal age to race being 14 that doesn't bother me. So can I ask for the names of certain sanctioning bodies like IMCA or USCA as well?
thanks,
Ryan
Old 06-12-2012, 07:56 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

You can start TODAY racing karts ! Moat ALL the major racers in circle track all started in karts. At 61 I'm even looking into racing winged outlaw karts. I'll only need help getting up OUT of it when the race is over ! ops: ops:
Seriously, karts are a great place to learn HOW to race, HOW to setup a chassis/suspension, and what each and every change you make and how it affects the handling good or bad.
At your age, you'd have a good 4-5 years of racing background to take with you when you want to step into the big cars. BIG advantage over most circle track beginners. Just remember, RACING COSTS LOTS TIME AND LOTS OF MONEY. Learn HOW to race one step at a time and you'll have FUN doing it !
Old 06-13-2012, 08:48 AM
rcrunkle
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD

You can start TODAY racing karts ! Moat ALL the major racers in circle track all started in karts. At 61 I'm even looking into racing winged outlaw karts. I'll only need help getting up OUT of it when the race is over ! ops: ops:
Seriously, karts are a great place to learn HOW to race, HOW to setup a chassis/suspension, and what each and every change you make and how it affects the handling good or bad.
At your age, you'd have a good 4-5 years of racing background to take with you when you want to step into the big cars. BIG advantage over most circle track beginners. Just remember, RACING COSTS LOTS TIME AND LOTS OF MONEY. Learn HOW to race one step at a time and you'll have FUN doing it !
I am well aware of how to drive. I have raced but not self owned, i have basic mechanical understanding. I am also capable of driving finishing 2nd place in a gokart series as well as running only about 1 tenth off time while testing bandoleros
Old 06-13-2012, 05:24 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Then there ya go, Hot Shot. You don't need any info from us ! Ya got it all sorted out yourself !
Old 06-13-2012, 05:39 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by rcrunkle
Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD

I am well aware of how to drive. I have raced but not self owned, i have basic mechanical understanding. I am also capable of driving finishing 2nd place in a gokart series as well as running only about 1 tenth off time while testing bandoleros
Well Double - D sound's like he doesn't need any advice :!: He came on here and ask, You gave him advice but he seem's to know it all :!: My friend whom ever you are there are guy's on here that was racing when you were a twinkle in your mother's eye :!: With a attitude like that you won't get much help here :!: :!: :!:

Mark
Old 06-14-2012, 03:27 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

damn boy, you can come here and teach us all your secrets. you sure know alot at 12 yrs old. when i was 12 i was still putting models together.you sure are a cocky little bugger.boy i got a zit on my butt older than you. stop and listen to the people that you can learn from. and drop the attitude. then and only then will you learn what it takes to be a winner. not just in racing but in life. these boys on here can teach you but you got to want to learn.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:39 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Ah, a future Jason Wolfe / Nick Claborn.......
Old 06-16-2012, 03:12 PM
rcrunkle
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by outlaw256
damn boy, you can come here and teach us all your secrets. you sure know alot at 12 yrs old. when i was 12 i was still putting models together.you sure are a cocky little bugger.boy i got a zit on my butt older than you. stop and listen to the people that you can learn from. and drop the attitude. then and only then will you learn what it takes to be a winner. not just in racing but in life. these boys on here can teach you but you got to want to learn.
I know i seem a bit arrogant or know it all but i have a friend who races explaining all this stuff to me as I recieve more replies. I am sorry if i came out cocky but i am learning all i can, whether it be online,on tv, in person or relating to other expierience. I am working on public appearence and all sponser related duties as well.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:42 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

"I am working on public appearence and all sponser related duties as well."

I think you have a while to worry about that !!

Dont hurt to ask about stuff, but seat time is the best teacher If you can get it !
Old 06-17-2012, 02:44 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

EITHER YOU HAVE A VERY HIGH IQ, OR YOUR A HECK OF ALOT OLDER THAN 12.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -