so Ya wanna know ??

Old 04-13-2012, 07:38 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default so Ya wanna know ??

So ya wanna know what a high 4.90 low 5 second car 140+mph heavy car feels like with skinny 10 inch tires ????...watch and see...its on edge every second..I have always described it as running 100+ mph on a gravel road.

now experience it for yourself....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9_Oc...feature=relmfu

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Brian is that somebody you know?

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 04-16-2012, 05:32 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
Brian is that somebody you know?
Yes I know who he is. He runs stock suspension class at one of our local tracks....The track is shadyside home of the local Outlaw races I attend each year.

Below is the Vid I meant to post the 1st time..see how the car moves around...My car does this on the Big end at about 150 mph...its normal but a fine line you have to feel cause just a little more and its a REAL BAD ride if you follow me... :roll: ...but like I said most of it is expected ..it just takes quite a few passes to get the feel of what is normal...I have lifted more times then I should have lifted because of that wiggle..but its all part of the heavy car with small tires... :shock:

notice his 60 ft is not but a 1.39...thats really slow...I average 1.10/1.11 with my NOS car...we will jump those Turbo cars out of the hole 2 car links and out of Nowhere they come around you like a screaming bandit..its really something to have one of those turbo cars do that...the worse time that ever happened ..my car ran a 4.68@154mph with a 1.10 60 ft...and the turbo car next to me ran a 1.40 60 ft.. I jumped him almost 3.5 car links and he came by me the last 100 ft like a bullet...he ended up running a 4.42@188mph WITH A 1.42 60 FT..!!!!!...its like I was standing still at half track... :roll:

You can't mess with a well put together Turo car...the one in the vids is a very,very Mild local bult turbo car..nothing speacial and you see how he runs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2n8t...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v1H3...feature=relmfu

Old 04-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Thats a scary handfull!!

Where is his gloves?!?!?!?

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
Thats a scary handfull!!

Where is his gloves?!?!?!?
man you would not believe what some guys get in their cars with or should I say without....the unsanctioned outlaw tracks is a scary place when you step back and look at it...and people are down right stupid ( fans) they will stand right up next to the track and the owner lets them...the only time the owner will have local security push people back is when they step up to the concrete barriers on down the track...They do not realize some of these guys are coming by them at the 330 ft mark at 150+ mph some in the 180mph range (turbo guys)...if they ever lost control there is no way you could get out of the way fast enough...Ask Tom ( Topsportsman) he has been to shadyside and whitnessed this himself..if you pull up the Vid and just keep clicking on vids from shadyside you will see some crazy stuff.

I always suit up with fire suits gloves etc...even in a 7 second car I still suit up...but its all up to you at these Outlaw tracks... A different world than a NHRA sanctioned track..

I think I have mentioned it before but my eye sight is not as good as it use to be and when it gets around dusk or Dark I have trouble seeing, when I leave on the Juice the car has a natural vibration ( normal) but its hard for me to stay tuned to the track with it " narrowing " up as I pick up speed...Its done got now to where I am not making but a few passes a year the last few years and to be honest its not enough seat time to keep me sharp enough to drive a car like this..back when I owned a 5.80-6.00 car running 110-117 mph I could let it sit for months and get in the car and take it to the track do one shake down pass and I was back on top of it...Not this way with the Nova...I cannot get enough seat time to get the comfort zone back Like I use to.

I am going to start back going and running the car on just motor just to start getting the feel of it again..it will run 5.70's 126-127 mph with a 1.33-1.35 60 ft on motor..this is with a 3.60 gear 33 inch tall tires (10.5) a tight NOS converter and a NOS cam...believe it or not the car moves around more when running it on motor then when I use NOS...The way the car is set up running it on all motor never loads the chassis so its constantly moving around..nothing crazy but you can feel it...if I hit the NOS off the line to load the chassis just enough to get the car squatted down it will stay glued the entire track...So what I am going to end up doing is turn on the NOS for 2 seconds to load the chassis and by the time the NOS Turns off I will have my speed built up and it will finish out the pass with a loaded chassis...2 seconds of NOS will almost get me to half track (1/8th) mile...Plus it will be real easy on the engine since the spread I will be using is a 28-32 this is about a 250 shot...this is not very Big on a 632ci engine...

oh well sorry for the long Post I got carried away ...lol

I will post a vid of the Turbo car that ate my lunch a fw years ago after I litteraly jump him a full 3 car links out of the hole and he finshed 3 car links ahead of me....LMAO...it was yellow mustang built by sheppard race cars...Brian something....leaves the line like a slug 1.30 60 ft and goes thru the traps at 187/188 mph in the 4.40 range...we had a stupid local guy with a 706CI nos car thought he was going to play some games with this guys and try to burn him down on the line...little did the Dumb a$$ NOS Guy knew is that this turbo car could have sat there all day long and idled at 900 rpm...the turbo guy left the line at 115 degree's and went thru the traps at 130 degrees...burning methanol with a ice box pack full of icy cold water for the inner cooler..

I will try to find the vid of this car..SUPER NICE PEOPLE !

oh well sorry for the long Post I got carried away with memories ...lol

Old 04-17-2012, 04:32 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

No apologies needed, Juice ! We all love bench racin' !