Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please read-You decide-Please Respond

Please read-You decide-Please Respond

Deal: Purchasing solid BBC roller Lifters from Seller
    Seller: States for $162.00 will sell used set that has low runs good condition w/pushrods
    Buyer: Recieves Lifters and rightaway notices that the bearings can be seen wheels looked worn on the sides. Contacted seller and agreed to send set to Crower for Inspection and repair.
    Crower: Took 43 days to contact buyer, was told all lifters needed to be repaired , the bill $350.00. I was stumped and informed them of the situation with the seller saying they where in good condition, I was so lucky, they lowered it to cost of 125.00 plus 25.00 shipping.
    do you feel the seller should pay half the repair cost?
    I asked for 62.50 back
    The seller was one of us on this site....said No.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    sorry......i read it 3 times and im confused ass all hell :?
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    So am i :? :?

Mark
    Head's up the true drag race!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar1968
    So am i :? :?

Mark
    good... then its not just me....was starting to wonder if i hit my head when i totaled my truck out sunday afternoon ...... lmao
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar

Re: Please read-You decide-Please Respond

Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster
    Deal: Purchasing solid BBC roller Lifters from Seller
    Seller: States for $162.00 will sell used set that has low runs good condition w/pushrods
    Buyer: Recieves Lifters and rightaway notices that the bearings can be seen wheels looked worn on the sides. Contacted seller and agreed to send set to Crower for Inspection and repair.
    Crower: Took 43 days to contact buyer, was told all lifters where repaired (No Authrization) and all were worn out and needed to be repaired, the bill $350.00. I was stumped and informed them of the situation with the seller and did not hear from them to authorize repair, I was so lucky, they lowered it to cost of 125.00 plus 25.00 shipping.
    What is a Fair end to this Deal between the seller and the Buyer?
    Will post the end of this after a couple of your responses, you wont believe the outcome. Your Bro Beastmaster.....

This makes no sense.

Contacted seller and agreed to send set to Crower for Inspection and repair.
    Then you say:
    I was stumped and informed them of the situation with the seller and did not hear from them to authorize repair, I was so lucky, they lowered it to cost of 125.00 plus 25.00 shipping.
    Please explain.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Who sent the lifters to crower seller or the buyer?

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN

hear let me try

lunati wants 642.00 new-minus pushrods u paid 162.00. and now have new set for312. incuding shipping.
    in the end u lucked out.

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    I read it as the product received by the buyer was not as advertised by the seller. Buyer contacts the seller and an agreement is made by both parties to send the lifters to crower for inspection and repairs. After more than a month Crower notifies the buyer that all the lifters need repair to the tune of $350.00. Buyer explains to Crower the circumstances involving the purchase and they agree to drop the repair price to $150.00 because he already had it shoved up his butt on the initial purchase. Buyer contacts the guy he got the lifters from and tells him he'll split the repair bill with him ($62.50) less the shipping charge. The seller basically tells him to eat it. I see it as a customer making a purchase and taking the pipe on a falsely advertised product.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    From what i see the buyer paid 162.00 for the lifters then sent them out for repair 43 days later he was contacted that the repair was done and the bill was 350.00 he explained the deal to them they dropped the price down to 125.00 plus shipping of 25.00 . he then contacted the seller ask for 62.50 back and the seller said no.so he is out 312.00 plus the shipping for the repair.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Re: hear let me try

Quote Originally Posted by todd8525
    lunati wants 642.00 new-minus pushrods u paid 162.00. and now have new set for312. incuding shipping.
    in the end u lucked out.
    This my thought exactly no matter what in the end you got a good set of lifters for less then half the price! Yes I understand its not the deal you were hoping for but if it was me I would never buy a used set of lifters in the first place but thats how I am.

11. Racing Junk