Thread: no safety thread?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

no safety thread?

my safety belts are dated nov 2009 ...... its every two years to replace.. right? doesnt RCI re stamp them for ya?
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    I use the RCI belts that have the 2 yr free recert. They come with a certificate you include when you send them back. The last set that I sent in they just sent me a set that they had rewebbed and kept my old ones, they don't just put a new cert tag on.

I don't know what they will do on their other restraints but I bet they would recert for a small fee.

Curtis

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by doorracer
    I use the RCI belts that have the 2 yr free recert. They come with a certificate you include when you send them back. The last set that I sent in they just sent me a set that they had rewebbed and kept my old ones, they don't just put a new cert tag on.

I don't know what they will do on their other restraints but I bet they would recert for a small fee.

Curtis
    these came with a certificate and were suppose to be re-certifiable but never new that or sent any back before.... i just kept buying new ones ops:
    GOOD PARTS AREN'T CHEAP AND CHEAP PARTS ARE NEVER GOOD.........
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lastscan-3.jpg

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    I couldn't find the little certificate the first set I sent back. I called them and told the girl on the phone that I had a receipt from Summit if that would work and she said just send them on in with the return shipping money, bout $20 IIRC, had zero problems. I use their camlock version with the double crotch strap and I really like them. The first set I had was the older black webbing. The silver is softer and easier to use.

Curtis