HAPPY ENDINGS !!!!!

Old 03-03-2012, 01:47 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Default HAPPY ENDINGS !!!!!

According to Plantation police, two masked gunmen came into the Subway at 1949 N. Pine Rd. Just after 11 p.m. There was a lone diner, Mr. Lovell, who was finishing his meal. After robbing the cashier, the two men attempted to shove Mr. Lovell into a bathroom and rob him as well. They got his money, but then Mr. Lovell pulled his handgun and opened fire. He shot one of the thieves in the head and chest and the other in the head.

When police arrived, they found one of the men in the shop, K-9 Units found the other in the bushes of a nearby business. They also found cash strewn around the front of the sandwich shop according to Detective Robert Rettig of the Plantation Police Department.

Both men were taken to the Broward General Medical Center , where one, Donicio Arrindell, 22, of North Lauderdale died. The other, 21-year-old Frederick Gadson of Fort Lauderdale is in critical but stable condition.

Mr. Lovell was a pilot in the Marine Corps, flying former Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson. He later worked as a pilot for Pan Am and Delta Airlines.

He is not expected to be charged authorities said. ''He was in fear for his life,'' Detective Rettig said, "These criminals ought to realize that most men in their 70's have military backgrounds and aren't intimidated by idiots."

Something tells me this old Marine wasn't 'in fear for his life', even though his life was definitely at risk. The only thing he could be charged with is participating in an unfair fight. One 71- year young Marine against two punks. Two head shots and one center body mass shot.

Outstanding shooting! That'll teach them not to get between a Marine and his meal.

Florida law allows eligible citizens to carry a concealed weapon. Don't you just love a story with a happy ending?

Old people don't fight, they just shoot you.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

We need a concealed carry law in Illinois...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-03-2012, 04:00 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

That made me feel warm allll over.. Good shooting, Marine.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:21 PM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

Best story I've heard in a while.

TS1955
Old 03-03-2012, 05:19 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

One part about this made me sad.

The other, 21-year-old Frederick Gadson of Fort Lauderdale is in critical but stable condition.

It should have read ... was pronounced dead at the scene.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:52 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Chris we have a carry law here in Virginia :!: :!:

Mark
Old 03-03-2012, 07:42 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Illinois is dumbocrat stuck on stupid
Old 03-03-2012, 08:16 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
Illinois is dumbocrat stuck on stupid
these days.. permit or not... you'd rather get caught with one then with out! i know alot of hard working.. honest people that have them but because ny is a joke to get a permit.. they just carry without one. they bought brand new hand guns so they didnt have any bodies on them in case they get caught....lol
Old 03-03-2012, 10:13 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
We need a concealed carry law in Illinois...
Wow. I thought every state had concealed carry. Shows what I know. That sucks. I never go anywhere without mine. And yes Mopar,we have CC here in VA! hey,if ya got it,use it.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:57 AM
andamo
MASTER BUILDER

I just love a story with a happy ending, don't you ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -