TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Thinning out the herd....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46143485.../#.TyGFm4Gt2dk

-----------
Old 01-27-2012, 04:10 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i feel for the parents but he had it coming and i think the old guy did the right thing.its about time that someone WASNT charged for protecting themselves.i give the da office a high five!!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:32 AM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

He would have been just another victim had he not been armed..If it were NJ unless he was a cop and authorized to carry, he would be in ICU. Thank god for carry laws!
Old 01-27-2012, 05:16 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I agree Julian if he wasn't armed he would have been left for dead on that trail :!: :!:
Old 01-27-2012, 09:14 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

It's a sad commentary on the state of the Union that requires one to go into the public armed to protect oneself . .

In Colorado, if you strike or attempt to harm a citizen who is over 65 years old, you can (and will) be charged with 3d degree assault on a person at risk, resulting in 90 days to 8 years incarceration.

However, being over that age and preferring to not get knots on the head (or worse) to prove I've been assaulted (or robbed), I choose to carry . . and do much as the man in the news report did . . get a body count . .

And . . If you choose to carry out of self defense, practice, practice, practice . . Don't let two sides of the story happen . . it's almost impossible for the robber's estate to sue for "loss of wages" . . but he can, if he lives . .
Old 01-28-2012, 05:30 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

I'm sure the mothers wil come out and say their kids were not that bad, they just hung out with the wrong crowd.
Their fathers will say..... well we don't know, can't find them.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:47 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

people have always carried guns on them. since the very beginning of this country. back in the day you didnt need no damn permit. and the bad guys didnt mess with you BECAUSE THEY FIQURED YOU WERE ARMED... when the took that right away from us is when all the problems started. then only bad guys had the guns..they knew no citizen would break the law and carry a gun.. so they had a field day...ive carried a gun most of my adult life and for a long time i didnt have a permit. didnt care what the law said.still dont.and ive had to pull it a few times and had to use it a couple of times.it has saved my life and defused a few situations.ive not been a model citizin but ive have been a hard workin man and a good father and husband.and i will kill you with no qualms if you threatin me or my family.or try to steal from me. i will deal with the aftermath of my actions later. but in the mean time im still alive and you are dead.thats how i feel, but i hope and pray i never have to go thru that shit again.i have never felt bad for the one who got shot messin with someone,but i have felt bad for his family.because loosing a member in the family is bad but loosing one while hes being a bad guy has to hurt that much more.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:24 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with Outlaw. We are supposed to have the right to carry.I suppose we still do...we just have have to pay $$$ for the license now. What a shame. You ain't done getting dressed until you put your pistol in your pocket!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:38 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

As much as I want to carry a pistol and as much as I need too because I do travel a lot at night by myself, including sleeping in my trailer where ever I can find a spot to stop during race season. I know me and I would shoot some stupid pos in a heartbeat if I had a pistol. I'm sure in the end I'd be the one in jail, but like outlaw said at least I'd still be alive.
One problem is I'd have to have a permit for at least 3 different states, because Ga, Sc and Fl do not honor each others permits.