Bad feedback for Carnut 70

Old 01-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Bad feedback for Carnut 70

I saw a 55 Chevy listed for trade on here and I messaged carnut70 if he would be interested in a trade for a nice pro street-strip 69 Camaro I had. The pics of the car lookedd awesome and it said in the ad all it needed was a steering wheel and probably a column for visual reasons. We agreed to trade and I sent some friends of mine to swap cars for me. When they got the car home it was 12 midnight so I looked at it briefly and it was put in the garage. The car is no where near what it was made out to be. The dash was mudded over all along the bottom half sealing in the glovebox and ashtray and heater controls that were still there. Bondo cracking all around the dash, no heater, turn signals, headliner turning loose 3 bolts holding the water pump pulley on and various other little things. I told him I wasn't happy and would like to trade back after I saw the car and he said no but for me to do to someone else what he did to me which I won't do. I've spent a ton of money fixing this car up since I'm stuck with it but I just want to warn people to be very careful when dealing with this guy. I'm upset with my friends for bringing it home to me but it was dusk when they got there and they said they knew I wanted it so they didn't check it over very well and felt rushed when they got there and the car is beautiful on the outside.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:47 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Do you have a add number? He doesn't have a profile, Maybe we can help.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

2389594. Just look at the car, the caliber would never let you think it needs what it does. He told me he has sold over 43 cars last year and not 1 honor payment. The console is pieced together from a Tahoe and is cracked into 3 pieces. Heck it even had the passenger side valve cover on upside down! When I brought all this to his attention he said I didn't even drive the car and only owned it 2 days so just sell it to somebody else like I did you. The car could never have been driven because the tv cable wasn't even hooked up and the electric fan probe was on the outside of the tubes so it would overheat. Its not just making the deal its whats done after it that makes you the kind of person you are. I'm sorry it took me so long to post about this deal but with traveling for the holidays plus the holidays I haven't been able to get on here as often as I used to.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:21 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I sent him a message let's see if he responds.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:46 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Gimmethakick
2389594. Just look at the car, the caliber would never let you think it needs what it does. He told me he has sold over 43 cars last year and not 1 honor payment. The console is pieced together from a Tahoe and is cracked into 3 pieces. Heck it even had the passenger side valve cover on upside down! When I brought all this to his attention he said I didn't even drive the car and only owned it 2 days so just sell it to somebody else like I did you. The car could never have been driven because the tv cable wasn't even hooked up and the electric fan probe was on the outside of the tubes so it would overheat. Its not just making the deal its whats done after it that makes you the kind of person you are. I'm sorry it took me so long to post about this deal but with traveling for the holidays plus the holidays I haven't been able to get on here as often as I used to.

just had to save this----CARNUT sounds like the typical brand of seller that has come out of the dumps in the last few years 8)

my main concern is you did not go look at the car yourself or give very specific instructions to your friends on checking it carefully[so] you got taken to the cleaners[PICTURES CAN AND DO LIE ALOT !!!!!!!]

ANY PICS OF YOUR CAR YOU TRADED TO THIS FINE SELLER :roll:

BY THE WAY --IF HE BOUGHT AND SOLD OVER 43 CARS LAST YEAR --THE STATE HE LIVES IN MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN THE REVUNUE HE HASN'T PAID-OR IS HE REALLY A DEALER???
Old 01-08-2012, 12:03 AM
KnoxvilleTrader
CRAFTSMAN

I AM NO SCAMMER !!!! to respond to this accusation, I told you specifically i only had this car for 2 days, that i took it on trade, that i knew nothing about the car as i havent even gotten the chance to drive it, This is typical that you would post and try and spatter my name here, as far as my "USERNAME" is that not a little presumptuous that you would assume i am what you say, I pnly love cars, and trade as a hobby, i never try and force a trade on anyone, first of all, HE sent his friends,(personally i would never do this), 2nd of all, it was day light... NOT dusk. unless it gets dark at 3pm.. and 3rd, i specifically told you i didnt know anything about the car, that it had descent paint, and that it would need alot to be right... i took the car on trade, and only had it for 2 days.. Its not my fault you jumped the gun and traded without seeing the car for your self.. I did not hide a thing... and ITS NOT MY FAULT YOU DID NOT DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THE CAR ... like i said, i TOLD YOU I JUST GOT THE CAR AND HAVENT EVEN GOT THE CHANCE TO DRIVE IT.. i never once lied to you about anything.... DOES THIS MAKE ME A SCAMMER.. THAT I WAS HONEST, AND I HANDED A CLEAR TITLE WITH THE CAR ??? IF YOU GUYS REALLY THINK THIS SHOULD BE CATEGORIZED AS A SCAM , THEN THIS FORUM IS A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME , AND DOES NOTHING TO HELP THE REAL PEOPLE OOUT THERE WHO ARE SCAMMED OUT OF THERE HARD EARNED MONEY... ONE LAST THING, I HAVE SEVERAL TRADES AND PEOPLE WHO I HAVE DONE MULTIPLE TRADES WITH, AND ANYONE KNOWS THAT WHEN YOU TRADE ALOT, YOU ARE BOUND TO GET A BAD APPLE FROM TIME TO TIME.. ITS JUST THE ODDS OF TRADING ALOT, BUT IF YOU ASK ANYONE ON RACING JUNK WHO I HAVE TRADED WITH, THEY WILL TELL YOU THEY HAD NOT ONE PROBLEM WITH ME... AND SOMETHING ELSE ILL AD, YOU THINK I HAVENT GOTTEN A BAD DEAL???? HAVENT WE ALL, BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS, I DO NOT GO SLANDERING THE PERSONS NAME ON THE FORUM JUST BECAUSE I DIDNT DO MY RESEARCH AND CHECK THE CAR OUT,, THE ONLY FAULT OF GETTING A BAD CAR OR DEAL, IS THE PERSON THAT LETS IT HAPPEN CAUSE OF THERE LAZINESS NOT TO GO CHECK THE CAR OUT FOR THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU GUYS ON THE FORUM CAN'T BACK ME UP ON THIS, THERE ARE SOME REAL ISSUES HERE AND BAD JUDGMENT!!! I DO WHAT I SAY I WILL DO, AND ONLY TRY TO BE THE BEST PERSON I CAN BE... WHEN I TOLD YOU I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE CAR.. I HAD ONLY HAD IT FOR "2DAYS" THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE WAITED TILL YOU COME COME LOOK FOR YOURSELF....... I SEE NOTHING MORE TO AD, BUT TO TAKE MY NAME OFF HERE.....
Old 01-08-2012, 12:40 AM
KnoxvilleTrader
CRAFTSMAN

Default JUST A LITTLE MORE TO ADD.

On [2011-11-29 21:21:12] Gimmethakick wrote:
> Check ad 2376938. I love your car. Thanks Wayne

*** YOU KNOW YOU ALSO DID COME TO ME FIRST, I DIDNT PURSUE A TRADE WITH YOUR.... NOT THAT IT REALLY MATTERS, BUT it does make some difference.... And you know , when i have a bad deal, i do not whine about it and go throwing the other persons name around,, i lick my wounds, and move on. especially when the person trades alot and told me they havent had the car but a couple of days..... there was no need for you posting this crap calling me a scammer.... i never once told you anything that wasnt true... i did tell you the car needed quite a bit. that the paint appeared to be good. we all get bad deals when we trade.... the difference is the people that realize this thing happens just move on and try to recover. hell fire, it is a 55 chevy 2 door hard top that runs and the body was pretty dang good on the car, there were no rust on the undercarriage... the car without an interior or dash or whatever is still worth good money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is just a bunch of garbage that you go post this about me.... this needs to be taken down , and it bothers me that you (lively) would assume that about me when you have never met me, we are all one racing junk for one reason, Because we all LOVE cars, old, fast, new etc..... ive really said all that i need to on this deal, and would expect "THE" people on here to take my side on this one !! its pretty cut and dry.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:50 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Bad feedback for Carnut 70

I'm upset with my friends for bringing it home to me but it was dusk when they got there and they said they knew I wanted it so they didn't check it over very well and felt rushed when they got there and the car is beautiful on the outside.
I think next time maybe you should go look at the car instead of sending someone else. Lesson learned.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:25 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Bad feedback for Carnut 70

I'm upset with my friends for bringing it home to me but it was dusk when they got there and they said they knew I wanted it so they didn't check it over very well and felt rushed when they got there and the car is beautiful on the outside.
It seems you were given the chance to do your due diligence , sent a friend to represent you and make the trade...seller didn't restrict access to the car for inspection.....why be mad at the seller?...this is why the public isn't allowed into auctions ....as is ,where is, no garrantee's expressed or implied.....you bought it!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:43 AM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Non-subject! Trade was agreed on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -