News from the Pits.....

Old 01-05-2012, 06:25 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default News from the Pits.....

...My crew chief and I are going our separate ways. I'm just not cut out for the family life and she's not cut out for the gearhead life, and we just can't seem to mix 'em successfully. Lots of pain on both sides but is amicable. Will be moving back into the shop, soon.
-------
Old 01-05-2012, 07:19 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to hear that DD, i've been there twice, but neither one of them were intrested in racing, in fact neither one hardly ever went to the track with me. My last divorce was 1982 and i decided i wouldn't try marriage again, so single since then. Had opertunities but passed on them. Both my ex's parted on good terms and was never any bad feelings.
Good luck and keep your head up, it's not the end of the world.

Zip.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:45 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

damn dd im so , so sorry.i wish there was something i could say that would help you but there really isnt. time seems to be the only thing that really helps.but we are here for you my friend.try to leave as friendly as possible.its hard to live with bad feelings.they seem to get under our skin and eat us up from the inside out.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:25 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Damn DD. Sorry to hear this. Liek everybody else has said try and end on good terms. Im going thru the same thing and we are staying on good terms and even are still being business partners.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

DD: that is a shocker. Seriously... didn't see that one coming at all. I am sorry buddy. I don't know what to say....
Old 01-06-2012, 04:16 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks for the 'support' guys. As with everything there is more behind the scene than will be made 'public'. We ARE splitting on 'good' terms.
It all boils down to me not being wired for any kind of 'family' type situation. There was a reason I was single for 30+ years.
A VERY GOOD woman is hurt and disappointed now, that need not be if I'd not fallen under the 'Maybe, just maybe this time'..spell, and deep inside know it would NOT work....something I will carry for the rest of my life, hurting her...

------------------
Old 01-06-2012, 05:44 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

DD can't tell you how sad I was when I read this. I almost passed over this thread till another time, but glad I didn't. Although we've never met it seams like I've know you for a long time. This forum is not just for parts, racing tips and scammers. It's also our family connection and how we all know each other.

I don't get into friends buisness, but I do tell all of my friends in this situation to please make sure it's the last resort. Many times it is better to take a break and sit back a really think these things through.

I hope the best for you and her.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:42 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Combine 'The world's fastest Indian' and 'Two lane Blacktop' and that is who I am. 1000% gearhead / racer with zero relationship skills.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:55 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Combine 'The world's fastest Indian' and 'Two lane Blacktop' and that is who I am. 1000% gearhead / racer with zero relationship skills.
DD this subject came up a few weeks ago and you said 30 yrs. single and i said right behind you with 29 yrs. single and i didn't think i could ever get married because i have too many redneck problems, such as farting in bed, etc. It was a joke then, but i'm seriouly sorry that it come's to a reality for you. By the way i luv the world fastest Indian movie and his motivation to get it done, for yrs. beyond where i am now, 2 lane blacktop i lived that era and have strong memories from in and around Chgo. running from the law.

Zip.

PS: i don't don't know how many people on the forum has only been married once, but i know not many, maybe Outlaw, but not many more.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:27 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

well zip. ive been married to the same little girl for 33 yrs. be 34 in april. i met her when i was 22 and she was 17. my dad had to take my wife to school while i went to work!true. lol anyway we got divorced in the early 90s. i ran wild drinkin and fightin.she isnt like that. anyway we got divorced and that lasted about a month and a half. then she wanted to get married again and i jumped on it.we went to the court house on our lunch hr.got married then we went back to our jobs.i hadnt changed i dont know why she wanted me back but she did. its been really hard for her to live with someone like me. im a real ass most of the time.im not like you or dd.i need her to help me run true and thats seroius.i stay out of trouble because i dont want to hurt her.not because im a good guy.i have to have her. she is my drug.even thou we fight like cats and dogs, i love and need her.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -