Thread: Need help finding BG parts

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar

Need help finding BG parts

Does anyone know where I can get a set of 4 part # 128192 .189" double step downleg boosters for a claw / demon? I have a 775 RS that started as an oval track carb and I have converted it to the drag race setup. It has .189 downleg but not double step that it call for. Thanks for any help.

Curtis

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER

bg parts

Give Adam at Ninja fuel systems a shout. I'm not sure if he has any of those boosters, but he might know where to get them. He used to be Tech@BG before it went under. His email is: musclecarbuyer@earthlink.net
    Mark Goulette
    Owner/Driver of the Livin' the Dream dragster
    www.livinthedreamracing.com
    Speed kills, but it's better than going slow!!!!

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

Need

This is second hand so it might be correct.

Holley has bought Demon and will be bringing them back out. The guy that told me that said he called Holley tech line and got technical info and part numbers for a demon.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: Need

Quote Originally Posted by markdunlap
    This is second hand so it might be correct.

Holley has bought Demon and will be bringing them back out. The guy that told me that said he called Holley tech line and got technical info and part numbers for a demon.
    Oh good. Holley sues Grant, eventually running him out of business and then will market his design. :evil:
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triump of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    That is called "A HOSTILE takeover" where I come from.....All BG's hard work over the years to do his own thing ,wheather the product was good or bad, only to have a giant corp blow him outa the water just 'cuz'....
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    The parent company that owns Holley did buy the assets of Barry Grant Inc. They were supposed to begin a re-release of a limited part of the BG product line, ramping things back up over time, but I haven't heard anything yet. Was supposed to be news after the SEMA show, but so far nothing. Your guess is as good as mine on what's happening next. I agree with the hostile take over though. I also have somewhat of an "inside source" on some of the things that happened, but I will not discuss it at all. I just know that alot more transpired than most know about.
    Mark Goulette
    Owner/Driver of the Livin' the Dream dragster
    www.livinthedreamracing.com
    Speed kills, but it's better than going slow!!!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradoracerguy
    I also have somewhat of an "inside source" on some of the things that happened, but I will not discuss it at all. I just know that alot more transpired than most know about.
    Me too. He worked and lived 50 miles up the road. It cost him everything including a marrage.
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triump of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke