Anybody know 8seconds?

Old 11-29-2011, 01:16 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Default Anybody know 8seconds?

8seconds has an ad and has been a member since 2003. He has no sales and no honor payments. Just checking to see if anyone knows him.
Lives in St. Johns, Michigan

Thanks
Old 11-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

sorry, never heard of him...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-28-2011, 03:31 PM
toofazt4u
APPRENTICE

Default RE:Engine build scam???

One year ago I dropped a complete running 572 BBC off to a gentleman who has had a fairly large posting on here for his knowledge on building engines,and he had countless ties with companies in the ''speedworld...''The shop he does his work at is 5 hrs.away from My location in Michigan.
3weeks after I sent My engine to this man,I then forwarded a check for partial payment of 11,000.00 with the balance of 3/4 thousand dollars due upon completion...(This was done by money order).This was in full agreement that My ''new motor would be done in 2 to 3 months...
In april after trying and succeeding to contact the man,I was now hit with a new balance of 3,000.00...Reluctantly,he talked Me into another money order...I sent him more money...
Since then,I have had nothing but grief trying to get him to phone Me,and when he does,it is just more excuses.I have countless trails of saved e-mails,along with the proof of his cashing the money orders.
I contacted My attorney who wants Me to go there and wait it out to see if I can catch him at his shop.If not,hit the courthouse and let them be full aware of what is going on.I also contacted the police,who said that it was out ou their league,and a civil matter which is for the attorney(I am now lost).
My friends say that I should just load them up and we could go down and make amends...I know two wrongs don't make a right...I guess I am asking for You guy's to give Me some guidance...Thank's!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: RE:Engine build scam???

Originally Posted by toofazt4u
One year ago I dropped a complete running 572 BBC off to a gentleman who has had a fairly large posting on here for his knowledge on building engines,and he had countless ties with companies in the ''speedworld...''The shop he does his work at is 5 hrs.away from My location in Michigan.
3weeks after I sent My engine to this man,I then forwarded a check for partial payment of 11,000.00 with the balance of 3/4 thousand dollars due upon completion...(This was done by money order).This was in full agreement that My ''new motor would be done in 2 to 3 months...
In april after trying and succeeding to contact the man,I was now hit with a new balance of 3,000.00...Reluctantly,he talked Me into another money order...I sent him more money...
Since then,I have had nothing but grief trying to get him to phone Me,and when he does,it is just more excuses.I have countless trails of saved e-mails,along with the proof of his cashing the money orders.
I contacted My attorney who wants Me to go there and wait it out to see if I can catch him at his shop.If not,hit the courthouse and let them be full aware of what is going on.I also contacted the police,who said that it was out ou their league,and a civil matter which is for the attorney(I am now lost).
My friends say that I should just load them up and we could go down and make amends...I know two wrongs don't make a right...I guess I am asking for You guy's to give Me some guidance...Thank's!!!
so is that guy 8seconds?

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 12-29-2011, 06:33 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

One year ago I dropped a complete running 572 BBC off..... a check for partial payment of 11,000.00 with the balance of 3/4 thousand dollars due upon completion... a new balance of 3,000.00...
I am asking for You guy's to give Me some guidance...Thank's!!!
My guidance for spending $14,750.00

Scott Sharifoff 598 tall deck, 985HP, 813 Ft lbs torque,
Dart, Manley, Eagle, JE, Total Seal, Comp Cams, Brodix, Merlin
Free freight to lower 48 states = $13,500

This leaves you $1,500 plus your "running 572" to sell for carb and ignition.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:55 PM
nopro
CRAFTSMAN

see what the OP did in this thread ? he asked first .

back in July you asked if the forum thinks you got ripped . you still have'nt drop a name . maybe some know of him , they could give an idea where you stand with this guy/shop
Old 12-29-2011, 02:02 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

this post is of no value WITHOUT TELLING US WHO EXACTLY YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:08 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

i guess we need a new topic posts of" scummers"--[YOU KNOW --THE PEOPLE WHO GET ON HERE AND BASH SOMEONE TO PIECES WITHOUT ANY INFO OR BACKING AT ALL--ALOT OF THAT LATELY :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 12-29-2011, 05:33 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

I would like to know what kind of miracles he was going to perform on a "running" 572 for close to $15,000.00. Wow :shock:
Old 12-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Amen SuperBeasto~!!!

"I sent My engine to this man,I then forwarded a check for partial payment of 11,000.00 with the balance of 3/4 thousand dollars due upon completion...(This was done by money order)".

So, you gave him a partial payment of "11K" with the balance of "3/4 Thousand" when done with the motor? That makes sense; pay him over 90%, then leverage him with your 750 bucks later if something goes wrong. Was he going to to plate the block in 24K Gold or something??? WTH!!!

Better keep your "3/4 Thousand". That will teach him to try & mess with you ever again.