Thread: mustang with sbc

mustang with sbc

im putting a sbc 400 into a 74 mustang II anyone have a suggestion on some headers that might work for this , trying to avoid using shorties, thanks for the help

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Unless you have a stockpile to trial fit from, custom built's are gonna be in your future. That is a 'never done' swap.
    One way to make things a ton easier is a front motor plate, so you open up a bunch of space on each side of the engine. Maybe also reroute the steering shaft as well with a couple of U-joints.

----
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    I would call lemons headers, hedman headers, some of the older header manufacurers and see if they might have made up a set of swap headers for that set up. I can't imagine you are the first to ever put a sbc in one of those and they might still have the prints/notes to make them.

Curtis

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER gearhead1011's Avatar
    The Mustang II chassis is real similar to the Pinto so you might try headers for a SBC/Pinto swap. I have seen a few of those but never paid attention to what they used for a header. Other than that you will have to go the custom built route. Or better yet put a SBF in it! :lol:

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    if you replace the front end, with one from jegs you can run there headers also, thats what we did, tooooo easy..

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    I put a sbc in one for a custmer years ago and had to custom make them. I charge him 1,275.00 mild steal. I bought a weld up kit from Dan at Lemons Headers. The kit comes with u and j bends or you can just buy what you think you might need also.