ford radio

Old 10-31-2011, 04:08 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default ford radio

I have a 96 Ford Ranger that I cant figure out why the radio wont work?? I have power to the clock but none to the radio? I checked the fuses and all check good..I went as far as buying another radio & I have the same problems..Whats the chances of having the same problem with 2 different radios?? Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Old 10-31-2011, 06:19 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

If it's the base (non premium) radio there are 2 fuses for it. In the IP fuse panel fuse #29 should be a 10a, hot all the time and provides power to terminal 8 a light green and purple wire at the radio connector. Fuse #20 should be a 7.5a, hot with the ignition on and provides power to terminal 6 a yellow and black wire at the radio connector. Terminal 7 (black wire) and 3 (black & light green wire) are both grounds at the radio connector. If you have that and the radio won't power up you have a bad radio.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:23 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gearhead1011
If it's the base (non premium) radio there are 2 fuses for it. In the IP fuse panel fuse #29 should be a 10a, hot all the time and provides power to terminal 8 a light green and purple wire at the radio connector. Fuse #20 should be a 7.5a, hot with the ignition on and provides power to terminal 6 a yellow and black wire at the radio connector. Terminal 7 (black wire) and 3 (black & light green wire) are both grounds at the radio connector. If you have that and the radio won't power up you have a bad radio.
X2
Old 11-01-2011, 03:57 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

damn chuck your good.lol
Old 11-01-2011, 04:21 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
damn chuck your good.lol
yeah i know.... had a customer bring their car into the shop for the same problem before.... a little power probing and found the problem