To all you 'cagers' out there......

Old 10-04-2011, 03:57 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default To all you 'cagers' out there......

...... I saw you hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line. But you didn't see me put an extra $10.00 in the collection plate last Sunday. I saw you pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk. But you didn't see me playing Santa at the local mall. I saw you change your mind about going into the restaurant. But you didn't see me, attending a meeting to raise more money for the hurricane relief. I saw you roll up your window and shake your head when I drove by. But you didn't see me, driving behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window. I saw you frown at me when I smiled at your children. But you didn't see me when I took time off from work to run toys to the homeless. I saw you stare at my long hair. But you didn't see me and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of Love. I saw you roll your eyes at our leather coats and gloves. But you didn't see me and my brothers donate our old coats and gloves to those that had none. I saw you look in fright at my tattoos. But you didn't see me cry as my children where born and have their name written over and in my heart. I saw you change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere. But you didn't see me going home to be with my family. I saw you complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be. But you didn't see me when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane. I saw you yelling at your kids in the car. But you didn't see me pat my child's hands, knowing he was safe behind me. I saw you reading the map as you drove down the road. But you didn't see me squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn. I saw you race down the road in the rain. But you didn't see me get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date. I saw you run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time. But, you didn't see me trying to turn right. I saw you cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in. But you didn't see me leave the road. I saw you waiting impatiently for my friends to pass. But you didn't see me. I wasn't there. I saw you go home to your family. But you didn't see me. Because I died that day you cut me off. I was just a biker. A person with friends and a family. But, you didn't see me. Repost this around in hopes that people will understand the biker community. If you don't repost this, It sucks to be you. I hope you NEVER loose someone that rides.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:04 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

that really hits close to home for me.i am and have always been a biker.yea, long hair beard, and leather.my friends used to call me mr. citizen because they said i had a heart that was too big.didnt do me a damn bit of good in 05 when a 71 yr. old woman pulled a left right in front of me. i died 2 times that day once in the street and once in the helicopter. a month in a coma, then a month in a nursing home. then 6 months in a hospital bed in my own home. had to learn to walk, talk and even how to go to the bathroom all over again.now im crippled up,brain damage and in horrendous pain 24hrs aday.had a iq of 151 before my wreck. now i cant remember sbc firing order, or my grandkids names.she said well, i didnt see him and he was just one of them longhair stinky bikers anyway.and the ol girl didnt even get a traffic ticket.but she ruined my life,which with will more than not,be over in a year anyway.and hows your life going lol.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I have been fortunate in my 35 years of riding that i have never been in a bad accident. But in 2009 I lost 2 more friends in motorcycle accidents, did the math, more than a dozen good buddies in less than 10 years died doing what they love. I decided that was it, sold the bike and just took 1 more risk factor out of my life. I still ride my enduro and ATV around but I do believe my street bike days are officially behind me at the age of 45.
Ken, I hope your time comes much later than sooner, you are a good man with a strong will and heart.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-06-2011, 03:55 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

thanks harbone.that means alot to me.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:10 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

damn good post :!:
Old 10-06-2011, 04:20 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I don't ride a bike :!: But that is a great post !!

Mark