Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: got the vega runnin....

got the vega runnin....

i got the vega running.... but a little diss appointed... only went 1.7 in 60 ft... i'm running a 331 sbc... 780 holley... vac secondarys... 570 lift cam... holley strip domminator intake...turbo 350 manually shifted..5000 red neck converter...11.5 comp... 112 race fuel...great fuel pump... 9 psi through traps... but only a 11.87 et at 113 mph... i'm lost... any ideas????? im thinking that i'm not getting the seconderys to open?? thanks in advance... caveman... :? :? :? :?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

?

!st thing is Ditrch that Vac.Carb and put on a 750-850 Double Pump Mech.sec.Carb.
    2.Way to much OCTANE,105 would be Plenty!
    What do you have for a Gear Ratio?
    Later
    G 8)

vega....

thanks for the reply.... running a 5.14 gear with 14-32 mt slicks car weigs aprox 2600 thanks caveman :shock: :shock: :shock:

?

The GEAR is On the $$,and could even take more w/32 Tall tie in a 331"SBC,but change that Carb and you'll see Big Improvements!
    Actually More Stall would'nt Hurt either..........?
    Later
    G 8)

vega

thanks for the reply... car went 1.7 in 60 ft... but only 113 mph??? maybe to high of fuel... was running 112.... maybe i should go bavk to around 102??? hoping for 1.5 in 60 ft and about 125 mph... what do you think???? thanks in advance!!!!..... caveman :? :? :?

vega

pulled carb appart... found 77 jets in pri... 80 in sec...went to 80 pri and 83 sec... had a yellow spring ... went to the lightest one holley has... do you think this will help??? thanks caveman

?

MAYBE...........?But,a Mech Carb would WORK Much BETTER!!!
    Later
    G

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

Re: ?

Quote Originally Posted by bbchevy
    MAYBE...........?But,a Mech Carb would WORK Much BETTER!!!
    Later
    USE VP110 RACING FUEL.
    G

vega

thanks for the reply... i'm just trying to test.. before i spend the money on an 850... i know the vac carb isn't intended to be an all out race carb... but i have it...lol..... once i know for sure... that is the problem... then i;ll replace it... trying not to change a lot... one thing at a time... thanks again... caveman :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

vega

well guys... i bought a 750 double pumper... all done up... 50 cc acc pumps etc... going to try it fri nite...... hope it does a lot better......seems like it has A LOT more power.... thanks guys!!!!!!

11. Racing Junk