WOW! Temperature extremes

Old 08-03-2011, 06:41 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Default WOW! Temperature extremes

From February of this year to today we are going to have a 136° to 137° temperature swing. It was -31° in February and it is supposed to be 115°-116° today tying or breaking an all time record for Oklahoma. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: We have had something like 40 days over 100° with no end in sight.

Curtis
Old 08-03-2011, 07:53 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Curtis, it was 106* here in NE La. today with no letup either, i feel for your 115, hope it doesn't get there here, on the :lol: side you don't have to warm the car up before you make a pass, but you might have to cool the firesuit off.

Zip.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:58 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: WOW! Temperature extremes

Originally Posted by doorracer
From February of this year to today we are going to have a 136° to 137° temperature swing. It was -31° in February and it is supposed to be 115°-116° today tying or breaking an all time record for Oklahoma. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: We have had something like 40 days over 100° with no end in sight.

Curtis
only thing saving you curt is you don't have the humidity we got here in S.C. or Down Zips way...the Last 5 years has been extra Tough here in S.C....We been in a drought for the better part of those 5 years...

the last race we went to the track temp was 148 degree's and this was early on in the day...it got hotter later on..I have given up racing until fall.......most people up North is just getting a taste of what us South Carolinians deal with every year.

I am in the process of buying a 2nd home in the Mountains of TN ( Gatlinburg area)..about a 10 degree difference on average but the humidity is like night and day (big difference)

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-05-2011, 04:03 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Brian, you are right. You guys can keep the humidity. It's only been 35-40% here I believe. Yeah the last race I went to on July 23rd it was 105° when I unloaded and the track was 150°. Kinda spongey to say the least.

That should be a pretty nice area to live in. My son just moved from Clarksville, TN (Ft. Campbell) just northwest of Nashville but it is much further west than you will be. Is it kinda in the hills there? :lol: :lol:

Curtis
Old 08-06-2011, 09:24 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Curtis, the humidity in the south sucks, but you can have that -31 :shock:
I don't want any part of that kinda cold. Hot, humid summers suck, but I'll take it over that kind cold anyday.
The problem here is that it use to be late June, July and August were hot. Now it's late May, June, July, August and mid September before it cools off. We actually have more nice "outside days" during the winter months than we do summer months
Old 08-07-2011, 08:16 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

The heat here in Fla. isnt much better. The humidity (80 to 90 percent) has been killer with temps in the high 90s and feeling like 1000* :lol: its hot thats for sure.

I have not been racing and have missed out on the races i wanted to go to. I am still putting the engine back together, got most of it done and waiting on the lifters to get back from isky. I hope i have a set of pushrods or its going to be even longer. Its been so hot so dont know how much racing i would have done.

Stay cool everone and if your outside drink alot of h2o.

Robert Fla.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:31 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Got up at 6:30 this morning temp was 79* humidity was 89 percent, later humidity dropped to 55 percent temp went to 102* 110 index and it's been like that for weeks and no end in sight.

Zip.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:16 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah, you guys with the crazy humidity have it worse than we do. I was just amazed at the swing from record low to record high in 5 months time. We've been hovering around 110° most days lately. The weather guys are saying it should break tomorrow and just be in the low 100s. :lol: :lol:

I've been moving into a new house and moving my youngest son and his fiance' into our old house for the last week and a half. I think I might be kinda getting used to it.

Naaahhh, it still sucks. The bad thing is he gets the pool at our old house and we don't have a pool yet at the new one. Guess I'll just have the wife hose me down in the front yard. :shock: :shock:

Curtis
Old 08-08-2011, 09:09 AM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Guess I'll just have the wife hose me down in the front yard. :lol: :lol: :lol: