wood gasification

Old 07-12-2011, 01:38 PM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

Default wood gasification

Hey guys if anyone has, knows some one who has or will build a wood gasification system for my 94 Chevy v6 truck I would like to buy one or know how to build one also if you have an opinion on these systems throw it out there.

You guys havent let me down yet so I hope to bear from you soon thanks
Old 07-12-2011, 08:20 PM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

hey guys if you have any help at all even vauge hear say i wana know because im holding three jobs and supporting my fiance so gas is killin me

i know sob story but i also think it would be an interesting indevor so any tid bit would be great and drivingmissdd im gonna guesse you know something about this because your up to date on any and all car teck stuff

yet again guys thanks.

ps if you have a diagram or can find a decent diagram please send me the link
Old 07-13-2011, 06:05 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I've seen it done on TV to run generators to run house power, but it's not very effecient and very bulky. It would probably take a unit as big as a house to run an automotive engine and lot's of conversion parts to make the engine run.

JMO

Zip.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:42 PM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

Well do you have any other suggestions
Old 07-13-2011, 09:43 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Yep, buy a sub compac or an S10 with a 5 speed and a 4 banger engine, both over 30 MPG.

Zip.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

txhunter:

Zip is right. I am not hurting/struggling probably like you are, but I have a family & really watch my fuel cost. I was driving a full-size truck to work every day for no reason. It was silly... for what??? So, for 400.00 I bought a 1987 Civic w/ 160,000 miles & now get almost 40mpg. The car is paid for, liability ins, don't care it if get wrecked or not, etc... I can run on 20.00 in gas for almost 2 weeks now!

This enables me to to not put unnecessary miles on my truck & the Chevelle stays in the garage never needing to be used until a Summer weekend. Rich or poor, I am not too good to drive a POS to work & save money. get a Civic. Good luck!!