Thread: Trucks not level when towing

Trucks not level when towing

Guys when i've got my toys on the back of my 2011 F-250 it looks really bad in the rear, should i go with an add a leaf or an Air Ride Kit

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar

Re: Trucks not level when towing

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuyFSIP
    Guys when i've got my toys on the back of my 2011 F-250 it looks really bad in the rear, should i go with an add a leaf or an Air Ride Kit
    As in when a trailer is hooked on(need LESS tongue weight) or are they loaded on the truck itself ?(need more spring)
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Re: Trucks not level when towing

Quote Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
    Quote Originally Posted by TechGuyFSIP
    As in when a trailer is hooked on(need LESS tongue weight) or are they loaded on the truck itself ?(need more spring)

Yess when I have the trailer on the back is sags a bit, but I dont know if I should go with AIR ride or do an add a leaf?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    The air ride can be part time, the added leaf is rough always. Do you have an equilizer hitch?

Curtis

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    get some 5000 firestone air bags, I have a 2 car car trailer and a 9ft camper I sure coundnt do all that on my 2500hd without em, when not towing let air out, rides nice and stock

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Ditto what Spib said. Love my firestone airbags.On the truck when i got it,never have another truck without them. Bags for hauling on truck and load leveler bars for the enclosed trailer.Only way to go.Add-a-leafs will knock your fillings out when you're trying to cruise.Im old and fat and like a cushy ride
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln