What's the deal with all the friends request????????????????

Old 06-28-2011, 03:27 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

Default What's the deal with all the friends request????????????????

just because I am selling a car,I keep getting friend request,the ad states to CALL if interested,maybe I am old school ,but for some strange reason I actually like to meet my friends,is this a facebook thing?the reason I ask is because not one person knows me,but lets say I have 600 friends on here,dont you think that is a little misleading to a potential buyer?did I miss something or is this a RACING site to buy and Sell racing related parts?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:46 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: What's the deal with all the friends request????????????

Originally Posted by gungho
just because I am selling a car,I keep getting friend request,the ad states to CALL if interested,maybe I am old school ,but for some strange reason I actually like to meet my friends,is this a facebook thing?the reason I ask is because not one person knows me,but lets say I have 600 friends on here,dont you think that is a little misleading to a potential buyer?did I miss something or is this a RACING site to buy and Sell racing related parts?

yes you right Gungho...seems it has followed the trend of the facebook thing..which I have no Part of......too be honest I do not even accept friend request anymore on the classifieds...and as long as we are being brutally Honest here who is actually real friends on internet forums and chat rooms ??? Just asking ??? some do feel that have a life long friend they meet on the internet and in most cases they never know what the other person looks like...
Don't want No-one to take me wrong and I sure Do appreciate the small talk and exchange of information ( helpful or Not) over the Last 9 years.. and even appreciated the freak-azoid a$$-holes that in some part of their mind blurred the lines of cyber world and real life....lol.

thats mainly the #1 reason I never lost one night sleep or ever took it too serious un-like some that have had near nervous breakdowns and had to acutally quit signing on the site...Comical if you really stop and think about it !..Bottom line Its not Real..only certain Parts of it....There is a country Song made just about what we are talking about...talking about " Can have a 3 Way on a Bad day" !.....ahhh so true,,,so true !!!......makes a man wonder don't it ?

Good Post Gungho !!!! by the way that is your real name Right ?...lol

sorry I saw your post and couldn't resist !!!...

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-29-2011, 03:20 AM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

I agree,most people now have 500 friends they never even met!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:31 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I have a facebook because a frined wanted me too. I've sent maybe 3 friends request, but have over 700 friends. I get 20 to 30 request every few days, so I quit adding people. IDK who 95 % of them are and don't really care who they are. I still don't get why the xxxx they want me on thier friends list anyway. I'm a grumpy old azz that they probably wouldn't like if they knew me anyway!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
I have a facebook because a frined wanted me too. I've sent maybe 3 friends request, but have over 700 friends. I get 20 to 30 request every few days, so I quit adding people. IDK who 95 % of them are and don't really care who they are. I still don't get why the xxxx they want me on thier friends list anyway. I'm a grumpy old azz that they probably wouldn't like if they knew me anyway!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 07-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Facebook.... bad deal boys. It is amazing how ex-girlfriends just show up. Then my wife sees them. Then I say: "I haven't seen her in 10 years??" Then I get yelled at anyways. ITS A BAD DEAL.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:07 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Ah come on Chris just when i wanted to be your friend. :lol:

Since i signed up to sell parts on the classified i have had to many to count that wants to be my friend and just don't answers. Most of them are from wanting to buy parts and so if i need to be your friend before you want to buy any parts i have for sell forget it.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:22 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Facebook.... bad deal boys. It is amazing how ex-girlfriends just show up. Then my wife sees them. Then I say: "I haven't seen her in 10 years??" Then I get yelled at anyways. ITS A BAD DEAL.

:shock: :roll: :x :? :? :? :? :? :?
Boy oh boy can I relate to THAT, Scoot........I'm living it also..... :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 07-02-2011, 08:35 AM
EXPERT BUILDER

Some shouldn't be on face book at all !!

One of my wife's friends from high school sent a pic of herself. She gained a LITTLE weight.
She was wearing SPANDEX , and honestly, she looked like a BUSTED CAN OF BISCUITS :shock: :roll:
Old 07-05-2011, 02:20 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by 482
Some shouldn't be on face book at all !!

One of my wife's friends from high school sent a pic of herself. She gained a LITTLE weight.
She was wearing SPANDEX , and honestly, she looked a BUSTED CAN OF BISCUITS :shock: :roll:
Shes lookin fora man...