Thread: Vibration

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Vibration

I have a real bad vibration at 3/4 track 1/8mile...4-link dragster...34.5x17.0x16 tires...632 bbc...4.70...marginal tracks...I bought a new set of wheels and tires trying to alleviate the vibration. On jack stands wheels seem to go up and down more than acceptable not side to side...any ideas??

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Tweeked axle ??
    Have you done a runout check on axle and then mounted wheel ?
    Worn shocks ?
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    I just went through this on my roadster. D if you are saying the new wheels and tires didn't change anything, assuming they were balanced. I would look at the driveshaft, check the converter for lost balance weight, check that the trans output yoke doesn't have to much movement in it radially. Do you still have good oil pressure? Check the dampener also.

Curtis

The yoke going into the trans seems alittle loose...I ordered a new rear cover and the yoke is a little worn..I going to call Strange and see what a new balanced driveshaft might be...

Where are you feeling the vibration in the car? Is it in the steering wheel? If so, I would check balance on front tires and check the spindles. If you are feeling it in the seat it could be a few things. If you are certain on the rears being balanced, I would check the drive shaft and rear end like mentioned. As silly as it sounds, have you checked the heim joints? The other thought that comes to mind is checking the front uprights. The motor is also another good source for vibration if you think it is coming thru the chassis.
    Thank you to all our sponsors:

Racetech Race Cars
    V's House of Horse Power
    Intensity Race Products
    Vickers Transmissions
    Abruzzi Converters
    J&J Engine Diapers