steve shifflett aka vegasteve from grottoes is a bad seller?

Old 03-11-2011, 04:29 PM
jlwtjc
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default steve shifflett aka vegasteve from grottoes is a bad seller?

anyone know this guy? i bought and paid him for some wheels he had listed here on feb 28th, wont answer now or return my calls
here is one of his ads
http://www.racingjunk.com/category/0...bolt-rear.html
Old 03-11-2011, 04:47 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

I sent him a message lets see if he shows.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

is this the ad for the rims?

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/0...AR-WHEELS.html

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-11-2011, 05:23 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

He responded to my message said he just got the payment today. He is going to come here and clear this up I believe.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:10 PM
jlwtjc
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

yes that is the ad for the wheels. i sent payment on 2 28 11. he should have had it by wednesday the 2nd i would think at latest. if he didnt he should have called. or at least answered or returned my calls the last two days. he had my number on 2-27 -11 cuz he called me 3 times making sure i was gonna send payment. i live in missouri so i dont think it takes 11 days to get a letter, i may be wrong. i guess we will see. i hope he makes it right.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:23 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Here is his reply to me;;;

Subject: Re: 15x4 RACE STAR WHEELS
Re: Ad #2140485 - 15x4 RACE STAR WHEELS
No the asshole who listed me as a scammer will get it straight or I will contact rj,he can check a see that the payment wasn't received untill friday the 11th of march

On [2011-03-12 12:41:36] mopar1968 wrote:
> You are listed in the forum as a scammer might want to go over and straighten it out.
Jh

Mark
Old 03-13-2011, 09:50 AM
jlwtjc
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

this should be cleared up by now i hope. i guess its from non communication on both parts

i sent him payment on 2-28., postmaster said he should have it by 3-2 or 3-3 at latest. by 3-9 still no wheels so i call and leave a message. no return call
on 3-10 i call again and leave message. no return call made
so on 3-12 i assume i was taken for (12 days since i sent payment. no word from him even after i leave messages and still no wheels)i have never sent a money order before and never ever will again, and i so i posted here asking if any one knew him or have dealt with him

my problem is that we talked on 2-26 and i told him i would paypal him right then, he said his paypal acct was screwed up to send money. i have never sent one before so i was leary. he called 3 times sunday morning and i called him back at 12:30 or so . he said he just wanted to make sure i for sure wanted the wheels. i said yes i will send out first thing monday morning, and it should be there by wednesday or so

like i told him last nite if i was him and it took more than a few days to get money order y not call and find out what the deal was? i had no clue he didnt get it, he wouldnt answer or return my calls so i just figured i got screwed. it happens all the time. if i used paypal i could have made a complaint to get my money back. cant with money order once it has been cashed.so with him not taking paypal and requesting money order i assumed he cashed it. my feedback on ebay is 111 with %100 positive, l have all positive on camaroz28 and ls1tech as well.

i guess i just thought i was screwed and didnt like it, no one would

so how would the rest of you handled this?12 days with no communication. leave messages and dont get a call back?
Old 03-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I would have been leary too after not getting any response. I have had letters take 10 days through snail mail but the seller should have at least called back, emailed or sent you a message on RJ saying he hadnt seen payment yet.
I dont think you jumped the gun, thats what the forums for, to ask questions. It took a post on here to get a response and it worked.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-13-2011, 11:10 AM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default communicate

People need to communicate,answer calls and questions. We are conducting busniess much differently than we use too. We are buying stuff that we only may see pictures of. we probably have not met the seller or the buyer and we may never will.....we need to communicate. If you put an ad on the internet you must be willing to follow thru, and in my opinion that includes returning calls and answering questions and being cooperative to help the deal happen.Both parties. We have opportunities to get products and services from places and people we have never met....lets make this internet a plus and not a place to run games
JMO
Good Luck out there
Jeff M. 708-308-0282
Old 03-13-2011, 12:23 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jlwtjc
this should be cleared up by now i hope. i guess its from non communication on both parts

i sent him payment on 2-28., postmaster said he should have it by 3-2 or 3-3 at latest. by 3-9 still no wheels so i call and leave a message. no return call
on 3-10 i call again and leave message. no return call made
so on 3-12 i assume i was taken for (12 days since i sent payment. no word from him even after i leave messages and still no wheels)i have never sent a money order before and never ever will again, and i so i posted here asking if any one knew him or have dealt with him

my problem is that we talked on 2-26 and i told him i would paypal him right then, he said his paypal acct was screwed up to send money. i have never sent one before so i was leary. he called 3 times sunday morning and i called him back at 12:30 or so . he said he just wanted to make sure i for sure wanted the wheels. i said yes i will send out first thing monday morning, and it should be there by wednesday or so

like i told him last nite if i was him and it took more than a few days to get money order y not call and find out what the deal was? i had no clue he didnt get it, he wouldnt answer or return my calls so i just figured i got screwed. it happens all the time. if i used paypal i could have made a complaint to get my money back. cant with money order once it has been cashed.so with him not taking paypal and requesting money order i assumed he cashed it. my feedback on ebay is 111 with %100 positive, l have all positive on camaroz28 and ls1tech as well.

i guess i just thought i was screwed and didnt like it, no one would

so how would the rest of you handled this?12 days with no communication. leave messages and dont get a call back?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -