Can`t make up my mind about this.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Berlinetta79
SHOW GUEST

Default Can`t make up my mind about this.

Well, I got a 1979 Camaro and idea is to make it a radical streetcar with a built 454+nos . Stripped the paint away, took the car apart, sandblasted hole thing, welded areas that needed it and black primer is on. And now I am between two things i have to make my mind up on. First the 12pt cage and all the welding for it, new diff cause mine is a 10 bolt original, cut the hood open to give engine some space, rewire everything, install my msd 7-al3, fueltank in the back and delete original, shocks and springs and etc. I have a todo list long atleast a quarter mile. And all the time I look at it I just figure it would definitely be cheaper and time saving if I just buy a whatever kind of cheap roller with the correct setups already made. So, I am stuck. on one hand it would be sweeeet do drive my camaro after its built and have a fun car for summertime but on the other hand I want spend the money, buy the roller fix it up and to go racing tomorrow!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:35 PM
shannoncox714
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default biuld

always cheaper to buy than to build from scratch especialy the way the economy is. if you look around you can find good deals at this time its sad but people are hurting for money right now! thats just my opinion. good luck to you!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:14 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: biuld

Originally Posted by shannoncox714
always cheaper to buy than to build from scratch especialy the way the economy is. if you look around you can find good deals at this time its sad but people are hurting for money right now! thats just my opinion. good luck to you!
i second that..... there are a ton of 78,79,80 camaros out there already done either turn key or roller :wink: