Too Good to be true?Ad#2130439

Old 02-16-2011, 03:34 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Too Good to be true?Ad#2130439

Im looking for one of these for my Daughter & This fits my requirements to a TEE..Problem is He just joined the 15th of Feb,Has an 877 areacode & hasnt responded to Inquiriers??I did Call & email but no response..What do you think & The opinions of the Forum Members Is Important to me..I appreciate your time & response..Wayne
Old 02-16-2011, 03:55 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

tried doing a reverse look up of the number from a few different sites and they all say invalid number.............? could be a mistake when they put their number in but i doubt it very much.......... i'd stay clear myself :wink:
Old 02-16-2011, 04:30 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Multi-Locational it seems.

http://www.buycarandsellcar.com/Used...k-10001/821301

Selling an Odyssey in Chi-Town and a VW in New York. Does it smell? To me it does.

WL, always Google the number in the ad or better yet use BING, check the search results- you may find something like a complaint or the same ad being listed in different cities. You should always do a search first on the seller using all info in ad.

S
Old 02-16-2011, 08:53 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Computer Smarts

Scorp,Im not as sharp on the computer as you & some of the other guys are,Thats why I go to the experts When I have a question..Much appreciated..Thanx
Old 02-16-2011, 02:08 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

The 877 area code is another toll free number like 800 numbers.
Hmmmmm....
Old 02-16-2011, 09:21 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

it would be kinda nice if there was a box you could check, that would flag a add as a possable scamm. and then it would be sent to Rj for a review. and then the person that posted it would be suppened, if it was found to be a scamm add, But i know that would be a lot of work for someone to set there and go thru every add that got flagged, but just a thought,
Old 02-24-2011, 09:29 AM
PJ
CRAFTSMAN

Default Report the ad

If you report the ad inappropriate at the bottom of the ad we do investigate each one. In this case we can clearly see the scam activity and were able to disable the account. Just wish these guys would stop opening accounts up over and over. Good catch on this scam. Please report any activity that doesn't seem right at the bottom of the ad posting. Thanks - PJ
Old 02-24-2011, 11:56 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

THANKS PJ 8)