Thread: Need to find Headers for 62 Impala 454 BBC 4spd.

Need to find Headers for 62 Impala 454 BBC 4spd.

Anybody got an idea as to where I can find a set of headers which will fit a 62 Impala with a 454 BBC and a 4spd manual? Summit's Headman headers only fit Autos and I am coming up blank. It currently has a set of shorty Headman's on it that are quite old and I am looking to replace with the restoration but I cannot find a part number on them to get a new set. Any input would be great. I want to stay away from the wheel well exit tubes if at all possible.
    Thanks
    Impala62SS

Headers for 454 4Spd in 62 Impala

For those of you trying to find headers that will work in a 62 Impala using a 454 big block, I have found that Headman Headers Block Huggers work. They tuck in and allow you to use the 4sp clutch arm fine and do not have pipes to go through the wheel well. Pipes tuck down through frame like factory pipes. Did have to machine a little off the power steering shaft(1/16") for a little extra clearance.
    ImpalaSS62

Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Post up some pics, I love those early 60 Imp's with big blocks and 4-speeds!
    Chris

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by harbone66
    Post up some pics, I love those early 60 Imp's with big blocks and 4-speeds!
    x2 especially if it's a bubble top!
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triump of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke