Hmmm What do you think?

Old 01-19-2011, 05:59 AM
lbtrailers
APPRENTICE

Default Hmmm What do you think?

Not saying this is a scam, but this is cheap. I have been looking for a while for my son and I have not found one for less than double this? Here is the link.

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/3...-4x4-3900.html
Old 01-19-2011, 06:58 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Just a realistic price more likely

He probably purchased it in 08 three years ago. Do you think it is worth half of high MSRP? I can buy a new one in michigan today for near eight grand. This guy knows that it is not worth much used I would bet. I purchased a New honda TRX 450R this winter for 4600.00 tax title complete. The MSRP on it is 7200.00 + in some places. I would take half MSRP after just 6 months of riding much less after a possible three years of use.
Bruce
Old 01-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

They are a new member BUT the number listed does trace back to Kentucky so give it a try. If they reply that they are living overseas and the ATV is at the shipper ready to be shipped, RUN AWAY as fast as you can!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-19-2011, 07:32 AM
lbtrailers
APPRENTICE

Confirmed scammer.....

From: RacingJunk To: lbtrailers Date: 2011-01-19 11:04:42
Subject: An important notice from Racingjunk.com regarding member john1108
Our records indicate that you may have been in contact with a member on our site that goes by User Name john1108.

We are writing to notify you that we have taken measures to disable their account, delete all messages sent by john1108 and delete any ads that john1108 may have been running.

As always we highly encourage you to report any ads or messages that seem suspicious, inappropriate or unfit.

Racingjunk.com...helping make your membership safer everyday!

Thank you.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:44 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

like we always say, if its to good to be true...

Old 01-19-2011, 07:56 AM
lbtrailers
APPRENTICE

Thats an absolute fact.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:57 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by lbtrailers
Confirmed scammer.....

From: RacingJunk To: lbtrailers Date: 2011-01-19 11:04:42
Subject: An important notice from Racingjunk.com regarding member john1108
Our records indicate that you may have been in contact with a member on our site that goes by User Name john1108.

We are writing to notify you that we have taken measures to disable their account, delete all messages sent by john1108 and delete any ads that john1108 may have been running.

As always we highly encourage you to report any ads or messages that seem suspicious, inappropriate or unfit.

Racingjunk.com...helping make your membership safer everyday!

Thank you.

And I thought that the guy knew his ATV pricing!
Go figure. Glad you did not get screwed on the deal.
Bruce
Old 01-20-2011, 07:51 AM
lbtrailers
APPRENTICE

I went ahead and sent an email to the email he listed on his RJ account just to see if he would respond. I can't believe people would actually fall for this.... I am going to play along just to see what happens. Below is his response to the email I sent him yesterday.

Hello,

The price is $3.900 shipping included to your address. Right now i'm in England with business but my wife can manage the shipping. The atv is located in Olympia, WA. The polaris is already deposited at a shipping company in WA. I will pay for all the shipping taxes. As you can see in the description the polaris is in perfect condition.

I HAVE ATTACHED PHOTOS.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lbtrailers
I went ahead and sent an email to the email he listed on his RJ account just to see if he would respond. I can't believe people would actually fall for this.... I am going to play along just to see what happens. Below is his response to the email I sent him yesterday.

Hello,

The price is $3.900 shipping included to your address. Right now i'm in England with business but my wife can manage the shipping. The atv is located in Olympia, WA. The polaris is already deposited at a shipping company in WA. I will pay for all the shipping taxes. As you can see in the description the polaris is in perfect condition.

I HAVE ATTACHED PHOTOS.
Man, I hit that nail right on the head! :lol:

Old 01-20-2011, 07:53 AM
lbtrailers
APPRENTICE

Response to his above email....

John,

I will take it, but will not pay for it until it has arrived to my location. As soon as it arrives I will wire the funds directly into you account before it is unloaded from the transport vehicle. Is this a problem?

Lance Brannon
President- LB Trailers
800-664-3153 Fax-256-247-0015
www.lbtrailers.com

Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:49 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: polaris

Hello,

I HAVE ATTACHED PHOTOS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -