BBC Shaft rockers

Old 11-28-2010, 08:35 AM
superstreeter
SENIOR BUILDER

Default BBC Shaft rockers

need some info on the T&D rockers. Do they need any machining to install (afr heads) Do they have aligning brackets like the Jesel ? I cant seem to find any good lit. on the T&D. AFR says the T&D fit their heads better. any input on the subject here ? I dont really want to get into any machining unless I need to. Bolt on would be great .lol
Old 11-28-2010, 02:26 PM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

Just mounted a set of T&D on my dart 380 heads nice bolt on no problems what so ever. Very happy ordered mine thru brodix they gave me the best deal.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:30 PM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by blowninjected540
Just mounted a set of T&D on my dart 380 heads nice bolt on no problems what so ever. Very happy ordered mine thru brodix they gave me the best deal.
Same here...I put a set on my Dart 320's and worked fine.

TS1955
Old 11-28-2010, 04:25 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Usually no maching needed but not always the case. They do come with shims to set your stand height. Then it's just bolt things up. They are a nice piece. 8)
Old 11-29-2010, 06:08 PM
superstreeter
SENIOR BUILDER

I talked to an engine builder here about the T&D shaft rockers, and he showed me a set mounted on a BBC, they have to be pinned to the heads or they may spin, then you`ve got problems. lol. so how do you guys get away without pinning, do they have a set that does not need pinning. ?
Old 11-29-2010, 06:15 PM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by superstreeter
I talked to an engine builder here about the T&D shaft rockers, and he showed me a set mounted on a BBC, they have to be pinned to the heads or they may spin, then you`ve got problems. lol. so how do you guys get away without pinning, do they have a set that does not need pinning. ?
The T & D setup on my BBC has a one piece intake bar. The exhaust bolts to the head and fastens to the intake bar. No need to pin them.

TS1955
Old 11-29-2010, 06:55 PM
superstreeter
SENIOR BUILDER

No machining to mount the single bar ? Jesel has the single bar too, but you have to machine the head to fit it.. T&D must have a couple of diffent models..
Old 11-30-2010, 08:19 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

My T&D's are not pinned either nor were my crane shaft rockers on my 23* heads. They did have a cross link between them. I do not recomend the Crans ones because we had to add looooootttts of shims to make 'em work.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:45 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TS1955
Originally Posted by superstreeter
The T & D setup on my BBC has a one piece intake bar. The exhaust bolts to the head and fastens to the intake bar. No need to pin them.

TS1955
Same here no need to pin.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:34 PM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

The T&D sportsman shaft rockers do have to be pinned as they are individual stands.The sportsman's do not have the one piece bar.I run the T&D sportsman's on a BBC. These rockers don't have pressurized oiling to the bearings,they rely on oil splash.I have run these since 2008 and have not had any problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -