Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC Shaft rockers

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER

BBC Shaft rockers

need some info on the T&D rockers. Do they need any machining to install (afr heads) Do they have aligning brackets like the Jesel ? I cant seem to find any good lit. on the T&D. AFR says the T&D fit their heads better. any input on the subject here ? I dont really want to get into any machining unless I need to. Bolt on would be great .lol

New build, we`ll see what we get. lol

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Just mounted a set of T&D on my dart 380 heads nice bolt on no problems what so ever. Very happy ordered mine thru brodix they gave me the best deal.
    Blowninjected 540 - when is going fast, Fast enough ?????

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/182079

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by blowninjected540
    Just mounted a set of T&D on my dart 380 heads nice bolt on no problems what so ever. Very happy ordered mine thru brodix they gave me the best deal.
    Same here...I put a set on my Dart 320's and worked fine.

TS1955

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE BEAST477's Avatar
    Usually no maching needed but not always the case. They do come with shims to set your stand height. Then it's just bolt things up. They are a nice piece. 8)
    BEAST477

Only a rich man can afford to use cheap parts.

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/177549

I talked to an engine builder here about the T&D shaft rockers, and he showed me a set mounted on a BBC, they have to be pinned to the heads or they may spin, then you`ve got problems. lol. so how do you guys get away without pinning, do they have a set that does not need pinning. ?

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by superstreeter
    I talked to an engine builder here about the T&D shaft rockers, and he showed me a set mounted on a BBC, they have to be pinned to the heads or they may spin, then you`ve got problems. lol. so how do you guys get away without pinning, do they have a set that does not need pinning. ?
    The T & D setup on my BBC has a one piece intake bar. The exhaust bolts to the head and fastens to the intake bar. No need to pin them.

TS1955

No machining to mount the single bar ? Jesel has the single bar too, but you have to machine the head to fit it.. T&D must have a couple of diffent models..

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    My T&D's are not pinned either nor were my crane shaft rockers on my 23* heads. They did have a cross link between them. I do not recomend the Crans ones because we had to add looooootttts of shims to make 'em work.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE BEAST477's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TS1955
    Quote Originally Posted by superstreeter
    The T & D setup on my BBC has a one piece intake bar. The exhaust bolts to the head and fastens to the intake bar. No need to pin them.

TS1955
    Same here no need to pin.
    BEAST477

Only a rich man can afford to use cheap parts.

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/177549

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    The T&D sportsman shaft rockers do have to be pinned as they are individual stands.The sportsman's do not have the one piece bar.I run the T&D sportsman's on a BBC. These rockers don't have pressurized oiling to the bearings,they rely on oil splash.I have run these since 2008 and have not had any problems.