Thread: Hilborn fi questions

Hilborn fi questions

i race a 350 buick. since nobody makes hi-perf intakes, so i make my own. i have made a single plane and a s/charger intake so far. i looking to build a fi unit. i will use a sbc unit for this project.
    but the question is, with all the different barrel sizes, how do i know which one to use? and how do i figure nozzle sizes?

thanks
    john

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Barrel valve #54, for gas 8AS or 9AS, for alcohol 16AS or 18AS. These #'s will put you in the range.

JMO

Zip.

what about the different size tubes(?) such as 2 1/16" or 2 7/8"? the sizes are all over the place. thats the confusing part.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Depending on the size of the engine, i and most of my friends run 2 7/16" from 350" to 434", i personally run 2 7/16" on alcohol and #18 AS nozzles as do most everone i know. I don't see any reason to run larger than 2 7/16" with 23* heads, because most of them won't flow more than 315 CFM which 2 7/16" can easly handle.

Zip.