Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Blower Question

  1. #1

    Blower Question

    Im getting a great deal on a B&M 140 series blower with the manifold and demon carb. manifold is brand new,carb is new and blower was rebuilt by Holley, none of it was ever installed on his car, he scrapped the project. My question is this:

    I have a built 355 sbc with the following build
    Machine work
    Bore & Hone with deck plate
    vat degrease
    cam bearings and installation
    Deck
    Balance

    Parts
    Pistons KB KB 112 + .040
    Rings Childs Albert + .040
    Rods Eagle 6" H-beam
    Timin Chain Cloys, street Roller
    Oil pump Melling high volume(no pick-up)
    Main bearings Cleavite 77 "P" std
    Rod bearings Cleavite 77 "P" std
    Crankshaft Cast steel, Skat
    Damper Powerbond HP
    Head Gaskets Felpro 1003
    Intake gaskets Felpro 1205
    Intake manifold Weiland 17530
    Solid lifters
    3 Comp Cam pushrods
    Mr Gasket Head bolts (From Pugh)
    ARP 4 bolt main bolts
    One World Sportsman II head,springs,locks& seals
    Head bolt washers
    5 Comp Cams pushrods 7972
    cam:
    Lunati cam-40146 Intake exhaust
    duration 0.543 0.552
    lift@50 249 254

    Compression 10.18
    world product sportmans heads 202



    woul i be safe running the blower on this motor? Keep in mind I plan on running 100 Octane which I have readily available locally. Any input or thoughts?

  2. #2
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brookings South Dakota
    Posts
    244
    100 octane yes, make sure you pay very close attention to the amount of boost. 4 - 6 pounds on 100 octane will be fine, any more than that will be border line for detonation ( KB pistons will not tolerate any ). Make sure your timing is 32 or 34 degrees and use a colder spart plug, such as a NGK - 8
    I think the number is 5672-8 for the sportsman heads or AR133
    Competition Engines & Hardcore Engine Parts
    www.cnc-motorsports.com
    info@cnc-motorsports.com

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by cncmotorsports
    100 octane yes, make sure you pay very close attention to the amount of boost. 4 - 6 pounds on 100 octane will be fine, any more than that will be border line for detonation ( KB pistons will not tolerate any ). Make sure your timing is 32 or 34 degrees and use a colder spart plug, such as a NGK - 8
    I think the number is 5672-8 for the sportsman heads or AR133
    I was using the AR132 or 133 I believe. Autolites. 32-34 timing is good? not too high? Also one more question..

    Will a holly 750 boost referenced carb be enough flow for this particular Motor and blower combo?

    Also, what kind of power will this put out?

  4. #4
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brookings South Dakota
    Posts
    244
    Carb will be fine, combo should make 500 HP
    Competition Engines & Hardcore Engine Parts
    www.cnc-motorsports.com
    info@cnc-motorsports.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    austin texas
    Posts
    729
    In my opinion the only worse piston to use for that would be a stock one than a kb cast or hypreutectic in a boosted situation.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kwkracing
    In my opinion the only worse piston to use for that would be a stock one than a kb cast or hypreutectic in a boosted situation.
    Thats what everyone is saying. Dont think Im gonna risk it in this motor.

  7. #7
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    KIEFER, OK.
    Posts
    1,309
    KB make forged piston also that are very nice and priced pretty good. I have them in my 383.

    Curtis

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by doorracer
    KB make forged piston also that are very nice and priced pretty good. I have them in my 383.

    Curtis
    Got a part number or link? Also my cam is not optimal,would have to change that too.

  9. #9
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brookings South Dakota
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by doorracer
    KB make forged piston also that are very nice and priced pretty good. I have them in my 383.

    Curtis
    Got a part number or link? Also my cam is not optimal,would have to change that too.
    If you change the pistons, here is a link to a New KB Icon.
    They are very nice.

    http://www.cnc-motorsports.com/produ...84&CtgID=12783

    Agreed, Hyperutetic and boost not a great idea, but it does work if your a good tuner.
    Competition Engines & Hardcore Engine Parts
    www.cnc-motorsports.com
    info@cnc-motorsports.com

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cncmotorsports
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianthe3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by doorracer
    KB make forged piston also that are very nice and priced pretty good. I have them in my 383.

    Curtis
    Got a part number or link? Also my cam is not optimal,would have to change that too.
    If you change the pistons, here is a link to a New KB Icon.
    They are very nice.

    http://www.cnc-motorsports.com/produ...84&CtgID=12783

    Agreed, Hyperutetic and boost not a great idea, but it does work if your a good tuner.

    Thats rods and pistons for that price?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Email us - Support@RacingJunk.com
Call us - 866.326.9227
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy