Nyes Automotive

Old 11-19-2010, 05:05 PM
IROC565
SHOW GUEST

Default Nyes Automotive

I have been reading a lot of good info on Nyes from this site but someone sent me the following link http://65.36.191.73/showthread.php?t=73579
I had made up my mine to purchase my motor from them but than I read this, I know no one is perfect and making a mistake when assembling a motor happens, but it is the after sale support now that worries me, most of the crate motor companies are giving 1 - 2 years warranty, but Nyes does not.
Has anyone had a problem with Nyes and they gave good after sale support.
Thanks
Old 11-19-2010, 05:16 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I had good luck with ATK engines. My 468 came with a 2 year warranty. They were always helpful when we called them.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:08 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

That is the 1st bad thing I have read about Nye's. I personally use V's House of Horsepower but would have no problem using Nye's if Ronnie wasn't there for us. Many forum users have Nye's power. Like EVERY company, there is always going to be that 1 person that just is never satisfied or has a horror story. If you got a company that has multiple problems and you see continuous complaints, then pass. If you find a company that sparks your interest and you can only find 1 bad thing about them, I wouldn't worry about the 1 complaint.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:22 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Nyes Automotive

Originally Posted by IROC572
I have been reading a lot of good info on Nyes from this site but someone sent me the following link http://65.36.191.73/showthread.php?t=73579
I had made up my mine to purchase my motor from them but than I read this, I know no one is perfect and making a mistake when assembling a motor happens, but it is the after sale support now that worries me, most of the crate motor companies are giving 1 - 2 years warranty, but Nyes does not.
Has anyone had a problem with Nyes and they gave good after sale support.
Thanks
This guy is a real clown on that link. If he actually told the entire story things might be a little more clear. It was shipped with a roller cam because the guy ordered a roller motor 421. Long story short, the guy doesnt even call, he has his wife call for him and talk to Pat@Nyes. They offered to change it for him at their cost to ship it back so they could do it, or they could send another cam and they could install it. They went for option 2 Nyes sent a cam no charge to them they installed it. The rest is history when you install the cam wrong, we all know what happens. Nyes still tried to help the guy out (still having his wife call) they got no where with efforts to help them and thats where it still sits.

I've had 1 issue ever, 100% taking care of, no questions asked and never looked back. I've been using Nyes for years now and have sent 50+ people there for short blocks or complete motors. Everyone of them have mailed me, called me or pm'd me telling me thanks for the help and they were more then happy with their engine.

A local went another way last year with a RM 540 SS Motor,they wont help him at all (its a race motor) . He now owns a 555 Nyes motor with no worries I am not saying they are perfect and stuff does happen but its says a lot about a shop who takes care of their own.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:28 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I've never dealt with Nyes but I wouldn't be afraid to buy from them over 1 complaint. I have been in business for close to 30 years and although I have an excellent reputation there are some people you just can't please. Usually the most ignorant people are the ones that will give you the hardest time. They think they know it all or their buddies tell them what was done wrong. When you consider the scope of the internet and can only find one complaint about a business that otherwise has a good rep you have to consider the source of the complaint.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:57 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

AINT THAT THE TRUTH !!
Old 11-20-2010, 08:50 AM
bcw49
SENIOR BUILDER

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Old 11-20-2010, 06:01 PM
IROC565
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by bcw49
Having an issuse with my Nyes engine. Called Pat, he said ship it back and he'd check it out. So we'll see what happens.
Can you keep us informed on what happens, and thanks everyone for the replies
Old 11-20-2010, 07:01 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bcw49
Having an issuse with my Nyes engine. Called Pat, he said ship it back and he'd check it out. So we'll see what happens.
can I ask what the issue is ?? Just wondering
Old 11-21-2010, 05:20 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I am a PAR or Gene Fulton man but thats just because I live less then 45 minutes from their Shops.

I have no issues with Nye's and owned one of their Big blocks a few years back...went To get the motor and walked thru their Shop....

I WOULD NOT HESITATE to buy anything from Pat at Nye's...Great people, Great products, Great Service !!!!!!! taken from Experience

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -