Opinions, HOW DO YOU THINK THE RACE/STREET CAR MARKET IS NOW

Old 11-17-2010, 05:50 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Opinions, HOW DO YOU THINK THE RACE/STREET CAR MARKET IS NOW

I know it is winter time, I know the holidays are upon us, I know it is the end of the racing season (in my area). I know all that........but I see car prices on here ,that in my oipinion show a strong market for sellers. I think that is OK and the reason I ask is I have an opportunity to buy a car at a great price, but it is expensive. I do not want to sit on this thing for a long time. I can get the car at 10k , it will need about 3500 of my parts and labor, than looking to get 20k. It should be worth all of that. I cannot reveal all my secrets, but HOW IS THE RACE/STREET CAR MARKET NOWADAYS.
Let me know
Old 11-17-2010, 05:56 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

If your planning on resale i would not try at this time. Not much is selling, it is time to buy thou.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:24 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

POOR FOR SELLERS. GREAT FOR CASH BUYERS
Old 11-17-2010, 06:34 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default sales up and down

Thanks for the opinions
The reason I am getting the car right is because of a cash deal, so I agree with you. Right now cash is really king.
Keep the input coming
Old 11-17-2010, 08:00 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default DEALS.............???

Where are these Deals,You Speak of?I'm on this R/J Board several times aday.I see a Bunch of DREAMERS as far as SELLERS!PLEASE send this INFO?
THANKS!
G :shock:
Old 11-18-2010, 04:30 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

cash is king right now, it really does not matter what the seller has it listed for price wise, if you show up with a stack of $100 bills the selling price seems to drop real fast! it is for sure a buyers market, cash talks and sellers have to listen.

JMO

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-18-2010, 04:46 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

What I do is try to stay away from buying race cars unless you get a killer deal or you buy it to keep it. Street cars or original cars are where the money is. Although the market right now is slow unless you want to give you car away. I don't know when it's going to pick up but I hope soon.
Cars are still selling but like people above said cash is king and it's a great time to buy cheap and hope things pick up in the future.

Like I said race cars are hard to sell and even harder to make good profit on. At least that's been the case with me.
Sometimes you just can't pass up a good deal. :lol:
Old 11-18-2010, 06:17 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default DEALS.............???

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
What I do is try to stay away from buying race cars unless you get a killer deal or you buy it to keep it. Street cars or original cars are where the money is. Although the market right now is slow unless you want to give you car away. I don't know when it's going to pick up but I hope soon.
Cars are still selling but like people above said cash is king and it's a great time to buy cheap and hope things pick up in the future.

Like I said race cars are hard to sell and even harder to make good profit on. At least that's been the case with me.
Sometimes you just can't pass up a good deal. :lol:
O'OK I see now?
I'm in the WRONG Section!
Knew there was a Problem of sort??
THANKS!!
Later
G :?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:49 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

It's all about the pricing. A year or 2 ago, guys would eat up a $30k plus roller that was a year or 2 old. It seems like there are not a lot of newer cars out there but several cars that are 4+ years old. I think some are high, some are giving cars away. I think guys are holding on to what they have.