Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do I do

what do I do

I have a guy wanting to buy my trailer. we came to an agreement to meet halfway. He says his sponcer will only do a certified check. So i guess I should tell him only Post Office money order if he can't bring cash.He says his sponcer wants to cover his butt. How do you guys think I should handle this? Thanks in advance for the help

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR bixblk's Avatar

money

Cash works, but a postal money is a good second choice. Have him send it to you before you leave and cash it first than meet him. JMO
    Jeff

Thanks.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER

payment

Safe way is to get half (or atleast enough to cover your trip)upfront before you meet him anywhere or you may be posting again on here listing a no show..JMO

do a wire transfer from there bank account to yours, very safe! then your payed in full before you even leave the house!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    TELL him to have the sponsor give him the certified check...he can cash it and bring you cash.

Post Office money order is worst one, I run into issues around here with them, most banks wont cash them. My wife works at the bank and deals with this stuff all the time, more often a fake is a postal m/o.

Wire transfer is what id ask for..

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

What do I do

Any US Post Office will cash any US Post Office money order. You may have to let them know the amount ahead of time so they can save up that amount in cash and get it cashed later the same day. My post office is in a small town, but they have never had a phony one yet.

I would be interested to know the specifics of anyone that has personally been involved with a fake US Post office monry order.

we take a lot of them here for rental payments & never had a bad one. ( we get them in the hundreds per year)

I always thought the POSTAL MO were the safest??? I thought that If you fake those it is a major NO NO.