Tubes or no Tubes !!!

Old 11-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Big409
CRAFTSMAN

Default Tubes or no Tubes !!!

What is better tubes or no tubes in slicks. What do you run and why is it better? Thanks
Old 11-08-2010, 03:14 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

There are already several threads about tubes. Type in tubes in the search and you can find more.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...ighlight=tubes
Old 11-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

no tubes anymore but I used to run them. it was nice to never ever have the slicks go flat in the garage. I stopped using them for no other reason other than , everyone said not to run them.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Big409
CRAFTSMAN

Originally Posted by Tod74
no tubes anymore but I used to run them. it was nice to never ever have the slicks go flat in the garage. I stopped using them for no other reson other than , everyone said not to run them.

Are you happy? I just hate to spend the cash if I don't need to
Old 11-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Big409
no tubes anymore but I used to run them. it was nice to never ever have the slicks go flat in the garage. I stopped using them for no other reson other than , everyone said not to run them.

Well in that case NO TUBES. My car already had tubes when I bought it that's why I had them. I am happy I just park the car with jack stands under the rear end housing in case they leak down the cars weight isn't on the flat sidewall.

I'm almost positive the majority will tell you no tubes if you asked every person here that runs slicks.

jmo
Old 11-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Big409
CRAFTSMAN

[quote="Tod74"]
Originally Posted by Big409

Well in that case NO TUBES. My car already had tubes when I bought it that's why I had them. I am happy I just park the car with jack stands under the rear end housing in case they leak down the cars weight isn't on the flat sidewall.

Thanks.

I'm almost positive the majority will tell you no tubes if you asked every person here that runs slicks.

jmo[/quote

Thanks !!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

If the car is heavy the tubes will help stiffen up the tire. I run a stiff sidewall goodyear because my car weighs 3200-3300 with me in it. Again,same as before...I run the stiff sidewall because people that I trust told me to.I have never tried any other tire .

The car seems to squat on the tire more since I took the tubes out but that might just be my imagination, who knows.I use the same tire now that I used with the tubes. 32-14 goodyear D5 COMPOUND D1984
Old 11-08-2010, 05:29 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I run Tubes on a 3,000 lb 10.5 Oultaw car...never had tire shake Yet. I like the extra support on the heavier car with smaller tire Consistant 1.10 and 1.11 60fts.

ps. I even ran tubes on my high 5 second low 6 seconds cars also...just for the pure fact it was less hassle of putting air into them all the time.....my time is worth something...you go and add up all the time you spend placing air in leaky tires and you will find it will be the smartest $50.00/$100.00 one time spend you will ever make in Racing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/63topspo.../3/dP9MzOuTs9I

Just my opinion only

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-08-2010, 05:30 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

The thing that todd mentioned, plus if you have a chassis car, that hit the tires hard, you want stiffs and tubes.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I only took mine out because people told me too.

I guess I didn't ask the right people huh?

As I said mine feels like it "squishes" down on the tire harder since I took em out...I assume that is because the tire is less stiff than it was with the tubes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -