Thread: Which octane booster is best?

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Which octane booster is best?

As i'll be running octane booster in my snowmobile this winter i was wondering if anyone might have any idea which is the best available,some of my chices are Klotz,Lucus,104+,Torco,STP,Nos,FMMF and Maxima, at this point i'm leaning towards the Lucus x3 any thoughts toward this?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    my opinion none of them.

If I wanted to boost octane I'd dump a little race gas in it provided it won't warm anything on the snowmobile.

jmo I don't have much faith in the shelf products but I am no expert on fuel.

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod74
    my opinion none of them.

If I wanted to boost octane I'd dump a little race gas in it provided it won't warm anything on the snowmobile.

jmo I don't have much faith in the shelf products but I am no expert on fuel.
    Just to share the info, did some research and found the only one to really make an impact per a series of test was the Lucus that made 93 octane pump into 96.6 octane, as my engine is on the ragged edge with 93 octane i'm thinking this will probably be enough of an insurance margin?
    I feel the same way about miracles in a bottle.