Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bad engine junk

bad engine junk

I purchased an engine from John Janosky from Florida. His ad said it was a new motor and never been run, That's a lie. We got the motor in the car, it ran 105.75 in the 1/8 th mile, and it was blowing smoke. I tried to telephone him from the track, but he did not respond and up until today, he has never responded back to me. The season is over and the motor is junk. He welded the block and tried to cover it up but he did not do a very good job. You can see where the block had rusted and the end caps of the crank shaft bolts were hitting the side of the block when it was rotating and
    wore the bolts down. It was hitting in four different places and all four places are rusted. One of the pistons cracked the side of the block. John
    Janosky put that block together knowing that he was putting together an
    old rusty, welded-together motor and selling it for $5500.00. Today, that same piece of "crap" that he sold us isn't worth a $1.00. JOHN JANOSKY
    SELLS REALLY JUNK EQUIPMENT.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Was the ad for the engine on race junk? If yes what is the ad number. Any pictures?Now i just have to ask if it was never run the first time it was run was down the track? No break in? If it was broke in did you have any problems arise during breakin or during tuning the motor before going to the track ?

Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    did you inspect the motor before purchasing? If it was that noticable (the welds) why didnt you catch it before the purchase? I dont want to sound harsh but I would never purchase a motor without at least dropping the pan, pulling the intake or at least 1 head.
    Chris

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    This is unfortunate scenario that happens way to much these days. Motors are a volatile item to sell alone by nature. With further investigation, sometimes it is not always a case of being "Junk" to begin with. Other times, pulling a pan or valve cover would have stopped a whole lot of pain down the road. At any case, if it was sold here, list the ad# & see if the seller would come on here to explain.
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

Re: bad engine junk

Quote Originally Posted by puggles2
    You can see where the block had rusted and the end caps of the crank shaft bolts were hitting the side of the block when it was rotating and
    wore the bolts down. It was hitting in four different places and all four places are rusted. One of the pistons cracked the side of the block..
    this makes no sense to me.

Same here, makes no sense... :?

I thought I was the only one who did not understand... is it somehow crank end-play, or was it an overzealous hammer trying to get them out (bolts), how did they hit the "side of the block" when it goes through the block.... can't figure it out either.
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby
    I thought I was the only one who did not understand... is it somehow crank end-play, or was it an overzealous hammer trying to get them out (bolts), how did they hit the "side of the block" when it goes through the block.... can't figure it out either.
    X2!!!

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

motor

Maybe the rod bolts were hitting the side of the block.?stroke crank.Trying to read between the lines here.!!!!
    Go Fast_Have fun

Greg Farmer

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    That is the only thing i can think of is the rod bolt's hitting :!: I am cornfused also :!: JMO Mark
    Head's up the true drag race!!