MAGNAFLOW FUEL PUMP

Old 10-31-2010, 09:20 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default MAGNAFLOW FUEL PUMP

I have a MAGNAFLOW Pro Star 500 pump on my Nova. Back in 2008 we had a horrible flood here and water was up past the floorpans in my car. The only thing that saved the engine is I had it jacked up in the front working on the brakes.

The fuel pump is mounted under the car so it was completely submerged. After the flood it still worked just fine. I did not run my car at all last year or this year. It has been sitting but I did start it up last Spring. Well, after sitting all summer I tried to get it out this weekend and the fuel pump would not run. I found a fuse blown. As soon as I change the fuse it blows and the pump never runs. So I cut the wires and wired it directly to the battery with an inline fuse on the positive side.It still blows and the pump will not run. SO my assumption is the pump is locked up or the electric part of it is anyway. Does anyone know if I can have this pump rebuilt or am I stuck buying a new one?

I know they are called Magna Fuel now but when I bought mine they were magnaflow. This pump has very little actual run time on it so it isn't worn out just damaged from the flood.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2010, 11:05 AM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default magnaflow

I had a brand new Aeromotive 2000 that blew fuses out of the box. I checked the motor for continuity and it was good and it did not show a ground. So I took it apart and found nothing really wrong, but the impeller was stuck to the bottom plate. It came right loose and after I just cleaned it up inside and lubed it, it has run fine since.
After I was putting it back together I noticed I probably could have accessed the impeller from the ports and just freeded it up without taking it apart.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:20 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks. I will take it off the car and see if it is just stuck.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:18 AM
chevyfireball
MASTER BUILDER

Magna reckon you can replace any part on their pumps.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:44 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: MAGNAFLOW FUEL PUMP

Originally Posted by Tod74
I have a MAGNAFLOW Pro Star 500 pump on my Nova. Back in 2008 we had a horrible flood here and water was up past the floorpans in my car. The only thing that saved the engine is I had it jacked up in the front working on the brakes.

The fuel pump is mounted under the car so it was completely submerged. After the flood it still worked just fine. I did not run my car at all last year or this year. It has been sitting but I did start it up last Spring. Well, after sitting all summer I tried to get it out this weekend and the fuel pump would not run. I found a fuse blown. As soon as I change the fuse it blows and the pump never runs. So I cut the wires and wired it directly to the battery with an inline fuse on the positive side.It still blows and the pump will not run. SO my assumption is the pump is locked up or the electric part of it is anyway. Does anyone know if I can have this pump rebuilt or am I stuck buying a new one?

I know they are called Magna Fuel now but when I bought mine they were magnaflow. This pump has very little actual run time on it so it isn't worn out just damaged from the flood.

Thanks

yes they can be rebuilt tod.. Also the same seal Kit the guy sells on RJ Classifieds for the BG 400 also works on the magnafuel.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "