It's about time for me to take up DEER HUNTING!!

Old 10-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default It's about time for me to take up DEER HUNTING!!

:x :x I just got plowed into by a DEER. Smashed up the whole side of my new(new to me) 300C. This is the 3rd time in the last 7 or 8 years this has happened. All three times the Deer hit me...never the other way around.They have not jumped out in front of me, they just head butt the front fender and then get slung back into the door and quarter panel.I wonder why they do thi. You would think they would run away from a car not right into the side of it.I have deer whistles on my other car but not this one.
I drove to my Fathers house a couple of miles away and called the Sherriff. They did not send anyone out because the car had been moved. I hope this does not cause me issues with the insurance company since there is no police report. I didn't have a cell phone on me so I had to drive away to call. Anyone been through this before where you left the scene without calling cops? I am just sick I just got this car in August. Caved the whole door in it won't even stay shut I have to lock it.

I already filed a claim online. Insurance Company is ALL STATE
Old 10-23-2010, 07:43 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Tod i live in northeren Wisconsin. Hit a deer 3 times a week. Just kidding but i have hit a few and i have All State, never had a problem. Wish you the best. By the way i do deer hunt and when you are looking to kill one they never show up.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:52 AM
andamo
MASTER BUILDER

I don't see why you have to deal with the sheriff's department unless your state requires it. Same thing happened to my wife a few years ago when the deer ran into her right front fender and rolled back along the side. Luckily she was able to drive the car home after stopping. I think it's now up to you and your insurance company.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:41 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Todd that sucks. Should not be a problem that you left. Two years ago I was ridding with a friend (in his moms new car) and his family back from Myrtle Beach about 2:00am on I20. I was asleep in the front seat ( his wife and 15 year old son in the back seat asleep) and Jimmy all of a sudden hits the brakes. When I woke up :shock: I saw a deer standing right in front of me and one kinda to the side of us. As Jimmy was swerving left my smart azz hollered " holy shit they're attacking us", As we swerved around the one deer another slammed into the side just behind my door. Then I screamed "GO". Needless to say everybody started laughing at my dumb azz. We stoped to check the damage and make sure the rear fender wasn't rubbing on the tire and even at night we could see the back door and panel were messed up. You could also see some blood and fur on the car, but of course our attackers had left the scene so we went home which was probably at least 100 miles and another state away.
On Monday his mom took her car to the insurance agent told them what happened, still with fur and blood on it, and it was no problem at all.

I lived most of my life in Burke Co. ( Ga) which is the largest county east of the Ms and it's 95% a rural county and almost a hunting paradise for deer, but that also means lots of 'em get hit on the road. I've been really lucky and only hit one small deer with the front bumper (no damage at all) years ago. I've gone by them standing right next to the road and pass them going 60+ many times, again lucky. The one thing I never do when I see a deer is slow down. I don't know if it makes a difference, but that's what I was always told as a kid. Don't change your speed. It changes the sound which scares 'em and they run or attack as I called it.

Joking aside, Glad yours is repairable and nobody was hurt. They can total a car, come through a windshield or cause people to run off the road, hit trees or flip over. They are the 1st excuse for every drunk driver around here too.

BTW if you want to kill a big deer, sit in your truck preferbly a diesel with it running (and the heater and radio on :wink: ) and they will come out to see what it is. They are very courious animals, but get spooked by any sudden noise or movement.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

ALL STATE already called me...on a SUNDAY. Sending an adjuster out in the next few days. I was worried about no police report but guess that doesn't matter. Thanks guys.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:00 PM
andamo
MASTER BUILDER

My insurance man told me that Michigan was 1st in car/deer accidents, Pennsylvania was next and Wisconsin was 3rd.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:15 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

AAAAHHHh.....that's why your avatar is from "The Deer Hunter" !
Old 10-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
I'm surprised anyone got that!!

My beater for getting to and from work is a 94 Beretta with a hole rusted in the side...they never try and hit that. Just my truck and now my new used car. :cry:
Old 10-25-2010, 08:22 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
I thought that was just Chuck Norris ops:
Old 10-28-2010, 07:41 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

:shock: :shock: What happened to all the avatars ?? :shock: :shock:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -