Thread: ARP 2000 Bolts

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

ARP 2000 Bolts

Has anybody had ARP 2000 Bolt failures. Recently built a 434 and had four rod faliures in which there was no bearing failure and ARP 2000 bolt heads were missing from the damaged rods. And yes everything was torqued, .0065-.0068 bolt stretch measured.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    I would definitely call ARP about it. They will probably want to look at the broken bolts.

Curtis

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    We had a failure a couple yrs. ago with some ARP 8740 bolts, but they were older and i don't know how many times they had been torqued. I do know that since then i'll not put an engine together without new bolts, and i guess that the question were these new bolts or had they been used before?
    I'd definately get in touch with ARP, but they are butt holes to deal with unless you're a big name racer.

Zip.

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    Rumor was that they had a bad batch of bolts awhile back. An acquaintance had a brand new R-M 632 kick rods out in the water box first pass. They fixed it n/c but you might ask R-M a few questions if they'll talk to you............ 8) JB

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Hmmmm...Did the bad batch of bolts in the L19s too? My friend put together a 540 and on the 10 pull on the dyno it blew apart. The two bolts were sheared off right at the threads and there was no damage done to the rod cap....