Shafiroff or Schmidt

Old 09-01-2010, 04:53 PM
glfong499
SHOW GUEST

Default Shafiroff or Schmidt

Want to buy a new pro street engine - anyone have dealings with either Scott Shafiroff or Steve Schmidt ?
Old 09-01-2010, 06:22 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Check out NYES Automotive in Indiana. Awesome people to do buisness with. And great engines at awesome prices.Not saying your choices are bad bu t NYES is worth looking at.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:32 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Schmidt, i bought a rotating assy, from Shafiroff for $1649.00 sm/blk 377" by the time i got it too the door it cost $2450.00, they even tried to charge me for the oil ring spacers which is only used for a crank larger than 3 3/4" and they didn't have the parts, the pistons were drop shipped and the engine/crankshaft was balanced with the advertised piston and rod weight. I'm not saying that other engine builders don't do this, but if i'm paying $2400.00 plus i would like to see a balance sheet, which i never recieved. It also took me 6 mos. to get the credit back on the oil ring spacers

JMO

Zip.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:12 AM
contagious
MASTER BUILDER

Default new engine

check with Ohio Crank,i here good things about them and there rotating ass. i purchased from them was dead on the numbers.Machine shop did not have to touch it.good people to deal with.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:29 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I know I may get slammed for this cause a lot of drag strip guys are Shafiroff guys. I've never been around the drag strip much so my experience is only from Pro Stock (and up) mud racing. Our motors are 632, & 706's and are on kill mode every race every pass. Schmidt owns mud racing and his motors hold national records. I have never seen a Shafiroff motor win a race. They're good motors and last, they just don't win. This is just my opinion and probably have not seen very many Shafiroff motors although my heads we originally done by him, but they had a lot more work done by SVRE.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:52 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I wouldnt left shafiroff work on anything. Clowns been there done that.

Schmidt would get the build out of them 2. I'd call Nyes before both them though.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:50 PM
glfong499
SHOW GUEST

Default Shafiroff or Schmidt

Want to thank all for the info -- -- the feedback was what I was looking for- I will check out Nyes too !
Old 09-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: new engine

Originally Posted by contagious
check with Ohio Crank,i here good things about them and there rotating ass. i purchased from them was dead on the numbers.Machine shop did not have to touch it.good people to deal with.
NOT MINE!!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:18 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Shafiroff or Schmidt

Originally Posted by glfong499
Want to buy a new pro street engine - anyone have dealings with either Scott Shafiroff or Steve Schmidt ?
SCHMIDT

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "