2006 jeep hemi engine failure

Old 08-20-2010, 07:52 PM
altune
MASTER BUILDER

Default 2006 jeep hemi engine failure

I have a customer who has a 06 jeep gran ch. with the hemi v8.
brought it in for a diag. we had found two cyl. with massive damage to the head and piston.
failure was the valve seat, it seems they just fell apart and into the two cyls. ( exhaust)
anybody see this before ? What might be the isuue?
damn shame on a pretty new car.
????????????????????????????????????
Old 08-20-2010, 08:20 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

The only problem I see is it's a MOPAR product LOL JK!!! Throw a sbc in it and all will be good!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ask Mopar1968 he's a Mopar fan he'll know what to do!!
Old 08-21-2010, 02:19 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

We've seen several in Dodge trucks with Hemi's. I'm pretty sure it starts with valve spring breakage and gets worse from there.... do an internet search and see what turns up.

Later,
Johnny
Old 08-23-2010, 05:16 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

To be honest we haven't seen anything at the Dealership where i work, Does sound like valve spring failure, I do know there is a tech sheet out to Dealers about over revving and breaking valve springs. Burns unlike a chevy they do run long enough to break, A chevy don't make it out of the garage.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:01 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by mopar1968
To be honest we haven't seen anything at the Dealership where i work, Does sound like valve spring failure, I do know there is a tech sheet out to Dealers about over revving and breaking valve springs. Burns unlike a chevy they do run long enough to break, A chevy don't make it out of the garage.
Chevy's only go near garages when there owners park them in the parking lot to go work/fix mopars and fords!!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: JK All cars have to go to a shop to get fixed sooner or later!!