American Graffiti

Old 08-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default American Graffiti

I watched American Graffiti again today... hadn't seen it in years...

I which I lived in that generation. It has come & gone. We cruised in the late 80's, but not the same... now it is totally gone. when that movie was over, I felt like I morned a moment in time we seem to keep searching for. Makes me want a 55 chevy....
Old 08-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

amen brother :!:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: American Graffiti

Originally Posted by Rigsby
We cruised in the late 80's, but not the same......
Did you have an IROC and a mullet? :lol:

I graduated in 1992...I never had an IROC but hate to admit I did have a small mullet. ops:
Old 08-07-2010, 06:48 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

I love that movie, got it and it whould have been so cool to be in early 20's during that time, excellent movie
Old 08-07-2010, 07:17 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Below is a PIC of a 70 Camaro I drove to High school . This particular car was driven in (1981-1982)..The Pic is exactley as the car was driven each day.....350ci with 300hp double hump heads..292 duration 460 lift Alliance camshaft ( from AutoShack)....Tunnel ram pair of 465 Holley carbs...410 gear, vega Tq Converter,Quick silver shifter, (did all the work myself in a dirt floor barn)

i would drive the car to the local strip after school on Thursday Nights and run the gamblers race...it would run 7.60's as you see it ..street tires and thru the Mufflers.

Yes i had a Punk Rock Mullet hair Cut, with Lightening Bolt earring, Members only Jacket and Sabego shoes...Saturday Nights was Parachute Pants and Stacy adam Points.... :wink:

As you can see the Conferderate flag bandana looped around rear view Mirror..i the bottom sticker was a 1982 inspection sticker, the sticker on top was my School sticker parking permit.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-07-2010, 07:25 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Hey juice, I see them cool ass Cragars too! I still love the damn things!
Man, I wish I knew why cruising has gone away! Those were no doubt the good 'ole days!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:30 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
Man, I wish I knew why cruising has gone away! Those were no doubt the good 'ole days!
You need to bring your cruiser to Summer avenue here in Memphis, every Friday, Saturday night they still shoot the loop down here.

Growing up out west in New Mexico & graduating in 83, it was all about the so cal VW scene out there.
I had a 68 bug with a SS merged header, weber carb, bosch 009 dizzy, nerf bars, lowered up front, empi wheels, the whole nine yards minus paint of course, primer gray was the norm, who had money for paint in high school?

Central avenue was where it was happening, ol~route 66.

Cp
Old 08-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I didnt have an IROC cause they were not out yet!!! But in this lovely picture (mullet and all) you can see my eyes tell the story and I am leaning up against my 79 Camaro RS 305 4speed that I purchased in about 1986, I miss that car and my hairline... :cry:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-09-2010, 12:53 PM
ajk
DYNO OPERATOR

Ratt..Rocks i still have my jersey from a concert somewhere.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:15 PM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by bjuice
Below is a PIC of a 70 Camaro I drove to High school . This particular car was driven in (1981-1982)..The Pic is exactley as the car was driven each day.....350ci with 300hp double hump heads..292 duration 460 lift Alliance camshaft ( from AutoShack)....Tunnel ram pair of 465 Holley carbs...410 gear, vega Tq Converter,Quick silver shifter, (did all the work myself in a dirt floor barn)

i would drive the car to the local strip after school on Thursday Nights and run the gamblers race...it would run 7.60's as you see it ..street tires and thru the Mufflers.

Yes i had a Punk Rock Mullet hair Cut, with Lightening Bolt earring, Members only Jacket and Sabego shoes...Saturday Nights was Parachute Pants and Stacy adam Points.... :wink:

As you can see the Conferderate flag bandana looped around rear view Mirror..i the bottom sticker was a 1982 inspection sticker, the sticker on top was my School sticker parking permit.

Dang nice camaro bjuice my mom used to have a 72 Camaro red. 350 4speed and sold it for $600 bucks. Man when she told me that I just about cried. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -