Thread: HELP !!

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

HELP !!

I HAVE A QUESTION .. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME AM KIND A NEW ON THIS I HAVE A 400 CHEVY BLOCK ,, WELL MY QUESTION IS ,, WHAT ENGINE IS BETTER FOR A MUD RACING A 377 OR A 427 MOTOR ?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Bigger is ALWAYS better :lol:
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I didn't know they still made engines that start with a "3" :?

Well a 400 factory block isn't the best foundation for a race engine, some people say, but if you are going to use one might as well at least use the factory stroke crank....On the other hand, I would be leary of spending the cash to build a 427 ci small block with a factory 400 block. If you decide to build a big inch small block I would strongly consider a dart block. JMO based on what I've read/heard about the stock blocks

Then on the other hand..if you are going to buy a Dart block might as well buy a BB for a few hundred more and build a 565. :lol: That's what I'd do.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    Bigger is better x 2. However, I will say that the 632 is just as capable of winning as the 706's on any day. I agree with Todd, but many classes in mud bogging do not allow after market blocks.