Thread: Q16

Q16

Anyone using Q16 that can tell me the pro's and con's? I have a 468 bracket motor making about 640hp in a 2550lbs car and I use 110 fuel, I have heard alot of good things about using Q16 but I want to know what the down side would be. Thanks

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Q-16

I will say it stinks and needs to be flushed out when parked or it can cause problems in your carb,but with proper jetting it does make more power, if you are running 110 now I would say you need 113 instead of Q-16. Later J.Smith 4621 racing

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I can tell you, your motor does need q16, 112 would be fine. Whats your want to change ?

I can tell you its $$ stuff

Q16

I'm looking for consistency between runs, lower engine temps. when I have to round robin and always more HP.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: Q16

Quote Originally Posted by nova69jml
    I'm looking for consistency between runs, lower engine temps. when I have to round robin and always more HP.
    If the car is correct the std 110-112 should be consistent. It may not have nearly as much affect with a 600-650hp motor as people are seeing with a 1000hp motor.

Sounds to me like you should be looking for a alky carb it'd fix all them issues in 1 shot for sure.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    The VP113 and Q16 are very consitent, but not gonna run any cooler than any other fuel. I agree the VP113 would work just fine for you and cheaper.