Thread: chevette help

chevette help

just bought a small block chevette and i`m searching for headers that will fit. i`m hoping something from another vehcle might work. also looking for a lite weight scooped hood....

i`m thinking more room for headers if i relocate the master cylinder to the inside of the car on the left and a small starter on the right and a narrowing and reboxing of the front subframe. on the right....i need some input here. i`m gona contact some header manufactuers direct. theres nil for room in there.

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ballsout1
    i`m thinking more room for headers if i relocate the master cylinder to the inside of the car on the left and a small starter on the right and a narrowing and reboxing of the front subframe. on the right....i need some input here. i`m gona contact some header manufactuers direct. theres nil for room in there.
    fender well exits.
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

well... i want to run the stock inner fenders, its also the upper shock mount and its structural to the front subframe assembly. if it was a full cage as opposed to my bar set up i could do the shock mounts to the front engine compartment bars... but thats not what i have. idealy i like to have a bigger tube street rod "hugger" header that was actually made for my applcation. anyways thnx for the input.

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    don't know about running stock fender wells....but here is my Friends 1977 Honda Civic 555ci alcohol blown injected BBC.....The Vid you are seeing is a 4.69et pass 150mph +.....you should see it when he runs 40%-50% nitro.. :roll:

the civic might even have a little shorter wheel base then your chevette..

Danny has real Big balls driving this car....see the other Vids attached and watch the man drive this car....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYzKN...eature=related
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Those aren't BIG BALLS those are CO-CO NUTS :shock:

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE THERATTLER's Avatar
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***GOD BLESS AMERICA******

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Just a guess but the early nova 63/67 may fit the front subframe, there are a few mfg'er of them for under the car, but i think only 1 3/4" max.

Zip.