Thread: WONDERING CAR

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

WONDERING CAR

WILL WORN OUT SLICKS MAKE MY CAR WONDER LEFT AND RIGHT GOING DOWN THE TRACK?OR DO I NEED TO ADJUST MY BUMP STEER.

I don't think worn out slicks would do that. Slick pressure too low, insufficient toe-in or insufficient positive caster, worn out front end parts or steering gear, worn out rod ends on rear suspension, low front tire pressure, all can cause a wander going down track....if it darts around going over bumps, then maybe bump steer.

Johnny

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    I'm COSTANTLY 'wondering' how I get to 'wandering' :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    if its a sudden motion, i would be inclinded to think bumpsteer.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Yes no doubt worn out slicks will do this. When a sidewall on a tire goes away this is exactly one of the affect of that. Sidewalls go well before wear holes.

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    Yes no doubt worn out slicks will do this. When a sidewall on a tire goes away this is exactly one of the affect of that. Sidewalls go well before wear holes.
    When the sidewall goes away will it also effect my 60 ft.it went from 1.41 to 1.55,1/4 times from 10.27/28 to 10.57/60.installed a bump steer kit after 10.27 pass,this was in mid may,10.57 was last weekend.when it launches it now feels like its spinning or shaking the rear tires.i hope its not my transmission.

forgot to mention car has moly upper/lower control arms with single adjust coilover shocks.travel limiters are set at 2" of travel.