Thread: bbc headers 65-67 chevelle

bbc headers 65-67 chevelle

Can any one help me out..I am putting a standard deck bbc in a stock chassis 65 chevelle and I am running canfield 24.5 raised exh port alum heads..I was wondering if I will have header problems due to the 5/8 raised exhaust ports..I want to use hooker super comp 2220 headers...If anyone has any helpful info on this please let me know...thanks

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE BEAST477's Avatar
    Have you tried contacting thier tech dept.? They should be able to tell you.
    BEAST477

Only a rich man can afford to use cheap parts.

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/177549

Hey thanks..I have a e-mail in to hooker but they are lagers...There has to be someone out there using raised port alum heads , dart , brodix , gm ect that has them in a stock front chassis, chevelle , camaro, gto ect....what headers are they using ????

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    You might try Doug's Headers.

They do offer a special design for 2-1/8 dia, full length for tall deck BBC in a 67-69 Camaro or 67-74 Nova

PN 776-D321

I went thru all this with a tall deck and raised heads in a 55 Chevy. After trying 4 sets (and return freight) I had some made. What a pain.....

Dave
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triump of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by nitrodeath
    Hey thanks..I have a e-mail in to hooker but they are lagers...There has to be someone out there using raised port alum heads , dart , brodix , gm ect that has them in a stock front chassis, chevelle , camaro, gto ect....what headers are they using ????
    I hate to post this but....

You might try this post on yellowbullet's forum.
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

Re: bbc headers 65-67 chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by nitrodeath
    Can any one help me out..I am putting a standard deck bbc in a stock chassis 65 chevelle and I am running canfield 24.5 raised exh port alum heads..I was wondering if I will have header problems due to the 5/8 raised exhaust ports..I want to use hooker super comp 2220 headers...If anyone has any helpful info on this please let me know...thanks
    I put Brodix -2x heads on my Nova.They have raised exhaust ports.I had to do some hammer mechanic work to get them to not hit the control arm bushings on the drivers side...they hit with the GM heads already so t have a dent there anyway but had to move the dent........ I also had to notch the trans cross member just a tiny bit (just a small piece of the lip,not the whole crossmember)because my collector on the passenger side just touched it enough to keep me from getting the header up enough to start all the bolts.

My headers are Hooker Super Comp

7. Racing Junk