TIG WELDER

Old 06-16-2010, 04:37 AM
nan
JOURNEYMAN

Default TIG WELDER

Does anyone know what would be a good tig welder to do cage work with? Are the cheaper ones worth the money if you are not going to use it but for your own work and not a full time buisiness. I know Miller , Lincoln etc. are the best but will others get the job done and be reliable? I like doing my own work, but I also don't like spending a lot of money for something and then letting it sit for who knows how long before I use it again.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:56 AM
burnskustomz
DYNO OPERATOR

Buy the good welders don't save money there instead save in other places because if it was me I wouldn't want a cheap welder welding something that could possibly save my life or a limb JMO but I have heard ESAB is a good brand!!! And if your worried about buying it and letting it sit then just send it over my way I'll run the hell out of it for ya!!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:04 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

If your are only doing steel dc neg tig you dont need more than 125 amps on most situations with is nothing. DC neg current is hard to screw up. You can get a miller econotig or a miller maxstar 140 or so very cheap new or used.

Unless yo are concernd with doing aluminum you dont need a big machine with 300 amps and water cooled.